- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Walter Nelson appointed as CEO for KeyGene USA
“We are pleased to have Walter assume this leadership role. He has a keen sense of the technologies needed to rapidly establish and advance molecular breeding and biotech programs. He has years of experience at crop research firms and understands the needs of our customers, from their strategic priorities to laboratory operations,” said Arjen van Tunen, chief executive of Keygene N.V., the U.S. entity’s parent company located in the Netherlands.
Mr. Nelson most recently served as KeyGene USA’s Vice President of Business Development. Prior to joining the company, he served as Vice President of Commercial Development at Ceres, Inc., where he led launch teams for multiple commercial enterprises and research ventures in the U.S., Europe and South America. He earned his MBA from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he also obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry.
“Since joining KeyGene, my goal has been to help crop science organizations incorporate the latest technologies into their programs in order to achieve their goals more quickly, reduce expenses and open up new areas of research,” said Walter Nelson. “This is an exciting time at KeyGene as we grow the organization and explore new technology platforms. I look forward to expanding the crop innovation and translational agriculture tools that continue to provide new insights and opportunities for crop, food and ingredient developers.”
KeyGene plans to exhibit at the upcoming Plant and Animal Genome Conference in San Diego, California on January 13-17, 2018. The company will also host its annual workshop at the conference to discuss the overall impact of innovative technologies on industry and consumers.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"