- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
February 6, Berlin
Germany: FRUTIC Symposium focuses on water efficiency
"Water Efficiency" is the main topic at the 11th international FRUTIC Symposium taking place at CityCube Berlin on 6 February 2018, the day before Fruit Logistica opens.
The conference covers the subject of water: from precise irrigation concepts for better fruit quality, to new sensor technology for monitoring fruit moisture status, water usage in storage, and marketing. Water is a key factor for quality and food safety – especially during post-harvest washing, cleaning, sanitising, refrigeration, and hot water treatment of fruit. Along with new techniques, innovative concepts for reducing moisture formation in packaging will be introduced.
The presentation topics will also focus on new, non-destructive approaches to quality assessment, targeted post-harvest treatment, and storage of fruit, vegetables, and nuts.
Keynote speeches will be given by leading international experts, including Prof. Juan José Alarcon from CEBAS CSIC, Spain, and Prof. Merete Edelenbos from Aarhus University, Denmark.
Researchers will also present their topics on the following days of Fruit Logistica in the Fresh Produce Forum and Future Lab.
FRUTIC not only offers a platform for an in-depth information exchange between science and industry on current trends and new developments. It also focuses on the research needs in the industry.
The FRUTIC Symposium is organised by the Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik und Bioökonomie e.V. (Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy, Germany) and the Università degli Studi di Foggia (Italy) in cooperation with Fruit Logistica, EurAgEng and the regional VDI/VDE working group.
FRUTIC is a series of international scientific conferences. The first session was held in Israel in 1983. FRUTIC has evolved to become an important platform for the development and application of technologies in fruit, vegetable and nut production. It brings together scientists from around the world and is now reaching industry representatives with its new venue in Berlin.
Registration and further information on the FRUTIC Symposium are available from frutic.atb-potsdam.de.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-14 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-14 NL: Cucumber event keeps audience in suspense