- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
February 6, Berlin
Germany: FRUTIC Symposium focuses on water efficiency
"Water Efficiency" is the main topic at the 11th international FRUTIC Symposium taking place at CityCube Berlin on 6 February 2018, the day before Fruit Logistica opens.
The conference covers the subject of water: from precise irrigation concepts for better fruit quality, to new sensor technology for monitoring fruit moisture status, water usage in storage, and marketing. Water is a key factor for quality and food safety – especially during post-harvest washing, cleaning, sanitising, refrigeration, and hot water treatment of fruit. Along with new techniques, innovative concepts for reducing moisture formation in packaging will be introduced.
The presentation topics will also focus on new, non-destructive approaches to quality assessment, targeted post-harvest treatment, and storage of fruit, vegetables, and nuts.
Keynote speeches will be given by leading international experts, including Prof. Juan José Alarcon from CEBAS CSIC, Spain, and Prof. Merete Edelenbos from Aarhus University, Denmark.
Researchers will also present their topics on the following days of Fruit Logistica in the Fresh Produce Forum and Future Lab.
FRUTIC not only offers a platform for an in-depth information exchange between science and industry on current trends and new developments. It also focuses on the research needs in the industry.
The FRUTIC Symposium is organised by the Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik und Bioökonomie e.V. (Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy, Germany) and the Università degli Studi di Foggia (Italy) in cooperation with Fruit Logistica, EurAgEng and the regional VDI/VDE working group.
FRUTIC is a series of international scientific conferences. The first session was held in Israel in 1983. FRUTIC has evolved to become an important platform for the development and application of technologies in fruit, vegetable and nut production. It brings together scientists from around the world and is now reaching industry representatives with its new venue in Berlin.
Registration and further information on the FRUTIC Symposium are available from frutic.atb-potsdam.de.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council holds horticulture business challenge
- 2023-12-05 Win a ticket and stand at GreenTech Americas 2024 in Mexico
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE