- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
US (CA): Todd Plaxton joins Houweling's Group in sales management
In announcing the hiring, Houweling’s Group EVP Sales Mike Reed noted; “Todd brings the skillset, dedication and drive that is required in our industry. His experience within the greenhouse sector enables him to hit the ground running, while also bringing a solid business approach.”
When asked about joining the Houweling’s Group team Plaxton reflects; “I have always had tremendous respect for Houweling’s and their reputation in the industry as an innovator and quality grower. At the same time, the company has evolved with the changing retail landscape. Major retailers continue to adjust and address their supply chain, favoring a direct relationship with growers. Houweling’s has done a tremendous job at fostering these retail relationships and I look forward to building on the upward trend with my accounts.”
Plaxton will be based in Houweling’s Camarillo, CA office, servicing a premium retail customer group in Western USA and Canada. When referring to the impact he expects to make with his accounts and the company, Todd says; “Service is critical in this business. I advocate for my customers and ensure I am proactive to address issues well before they ever appear on my customer’s radar. While it sounds simple, this business isn’t. Constant care and attention is needed to deliver first-time-right customer service.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt