- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Food industry presents trends at the International Green Week Berlin
“Superfoods, alternative protein sources, enriched proteins, innovative recipes, sustainability, regional products and flexible diets – our stand will feature foods that represent the future and cover a wide range of trends. This much we can already say: the future will be diverse and have something to suit everyone’s taste. Our producers will make sure of that and our aim is to highlight it“, said Christoph Minhoff, managing director of the BLL and BVE. Not only will tomorrow’s food trends be on show at the Future Food Show, some of them can also be sampled directly at the fair. A number of food industry startups will be offering their new products and will also be available to talk to visitors. Companies taking part will include Philosoffee, Grillido, Grizzly Snack, Caté, LIMAI and the Bug Foundation.
However, it is not just startups which will be aiming to make their mark at the world’s largest consumer exhibition. Two major food and drink companies will also be represented on the combined stand of the BLL and BVE. The REWE Group and Nestlé Deutschland will be highlighting aspects of tomorrow’s food trends from their standpoint. Minhoff: “The fact that two large enterprises will be taking part shows how important the Green Week is for the industry. It is the only trade fair where producers come face to face with consumers. We want to take advantage of that and start up a joint dialogue.”
At the cooking show, which next year will be sponsored for the first time by Küppersbusch, a long-established company, visitors to the Green Week can discover that tomorrow’s foods will above all be diverse and tasty. Together with Sebastian Morgenstern, Daniel Schade and Philip Schundau of the Association of German Chefs will be inviting experts to Cook & Talk events, where the latter will give visitors a chance to sample topical food trends with unusual dishes and at food tasting sessions. The cooking show staged by Küppersbusch will also be the place to head for younger visitors who have registered for student cooking events as part of the Messe Berlin programme for schools. Interactive events such as these support the BLL and BVE’s aim to actively provide food and diet information. Visitors to the stand can also take part in a quiz where they can test their knowledge of the food trends of the future. Full details of the Cook & Talk programme, including the times when startups will be on the stand, will be published in January on the internet pages of the BLL and BVE.
Over the last nine years the combined display of the BVE and BLL has been an important meeting place for consumers, trade visitors and representatives of politics and the media, and at the last event attracted 150,000 visitors. The BVE is also the non-commercial sponsor of the Green Week.
The combined stand of the food and drink industries at the Green Week 2018 is supported by Landwirtschaftliche Rentenbank.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference