- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Blockchain for agriculture and food
A second aim of this project is to conceptualise and develop a proof of concept in an application based on a use case concerning table grapes from South Africa where BCT could be applied. This has been done by building a demonstrator that keeps track of different certificates involved in the table grapes supply chain. The code of this demonstrator is published at Github.
Furthermore, the project explored issues regarding the relevance, applicability and implications of BCT for the agrifood sector through literature study and stakeholder consultation.
The project took an agile multi-actor approach i.e. with lean and active stakeholder participation. The main focus was on obtaining hands-on experience with the development of blockchain applications in agrifood and insight into perspectives of key stakeholders.
Download the full study here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 “With greenhouse cucumbers, it’s tricky to get the water balance right"
- 2023-09-26 Israeli company introduces new tech as bees struggle to pollinate
- 2023-09-26 "The investment in the vertical farming area is really growing, even when so many people will think differently"
- 2023-09-25 Fostering beneficial fungi in crops from recent PhD research
- 2023-09-21 Auction with various applications for the fruit and vegetables industry
- 2023-09-21 Denmark: Seasony obtains grant to create image recognition algorithms
- 2023-09-21 SaniTomato preserves the properties and freshness of tomatoes for longer
- 2023-09-19 Growing interest and attention to regenerative agriculture practices are driving new research
- 2023-09-19 Why crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-09-19 New Crop-Scanner offers improved scouting and advice
- 2023-09-19 Modeling: a tool for taking the guesswork out of growing
- 2023-09-18 New harvesters for produce destined for the fresh-cut industry
- 2023-09-18 New unit allows on-site carbon capture and reutilization for CEA grower
- 2023-09-18 Sensor development: far-red light for optimal growth
- 2023-09-15 "Growers want to see where limits lie in screen strategies"
- 2023-09-15 Jamaica: Growers encouraged to consider aquaponics
- 2023-09-15 Time for the big clean-up, time for the crop rotation
- 2023-09-15 "How IoT is shaping the future of agriculture"
- 2023-09-14 "The TomSystem can help prevent virus transmission in the greenhouse"
- 2023-09-14 Tomato grower invests in nanobubbles: "Nothing was allowed to go wrong anymore"