- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Ushio opens new factory in Poland
The new building has a production area of 5,000 square meters and dwarfs its predecessor which housed its production lines in just 2,000 square meters of space. It is home to a total of two production lines primarily manufacturing Metal Halide (MH) and High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lamps as part of the Topflood and Horturion series; both trademarks of and sold by BLV Licht- und Vakuumtechnik GmbH, a member of Ushio Europe Group.
Through the substantially increased production capacities, the factory is prepared to meet the demands of the growing global market and to explore future potential within the sector. New farming technologies, including the growing trend toward urban farming and a professionalization of the horticulture business outside of Europe offer a plethora of opportunity for the group.
In a bid for maximum efficiency and streamlined processes, the entire production is consolidated over just one floor space, facilitating optimal production conditions and further refining the logistics processes. The new operation now enables even shorter delivery times to customers and greater efficiency overall. Furthermore, the new set-up and investment focuses heavily upon stringent quality control spearheaded by a dedicated team to ensure premium quality is delivered to customers from the outset.
The factory opening was marked with a celebratory ceremony attended by Mr. Satoru Takahashi; General Counsel of the Japanese Embassy in Poland, Mr. Marek Ksiazek; Vice Mayor of Blonie City together with Mr. Kenji Hamashima; CEO and President Ushio Inc., and Mr. Hiroshi Matsubara; CEO USHIO Europe. In total, around 200 guests attended the occasion.
Speaking of the pinnacle moment in Ushio Europe’s history, Mr. Hiroshi Matsubara, CEO Ushio Europe said, ‘I am delighted to have been joined by colleagues, partners and special guests in marking this momentous occasion for Ushio Europe Group by officially opening the doors to our new factory, a powerhouse of production and of the Ushio Europe and BLV brand. Looking forward, we endeavour to continue to supply our customers with the best quality speciality lighting solutions and foster solid and prosperous partnerships for many years to come.’
The new factory comes after a recent name change for the lighting manufacturer, previously known as Natrium since its inception in 1998. Initially established as a research and development department for an electric lamp manufacturing plant in Warsaw, it was relocated to its own premises in Blonie Pass situated close to the site where it stands today. After being acquired by BLV in 2006, Natrium was eventually renamed Ushio Poland on August 14, 2016.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 New partnership to produce modular farms
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame