- Commercial Manager UK or Holland
- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
Carrefour Brazil: stronger profits in Q3
First 'Auchanbio' organic store opened by Auchan France
Dutch retailer Jumbo has opened its first Jumbo City convenience store at Eindhoven’s central train station to cater for travellers and visitors. The new store offers a wide range of freshly-prepared meals, which customers can eat in the café area or take away. It is tailored towards the busy schedules of people travelling in and out of the city centre, with daily opening hours from 6:30am to 11pm. (esmmagazine.com)
Saudi Arabian Panda Retail Company: slow sales in Q3
Saudi Arabian-based Panda Retail Company, part of the Savola Group, has announced its Q3 results. It has reported a decrease in revenue within its retail business, but an increase in profits. Panda Retail Company’s sales for the first nine months of the year were SAR8.8bln (US$2.3bln) a 15% decrease from SAR10.3bln (US$2.7bln) in the same period in 2016. The loss has been attributed to the continuing challenges in the economic environment. Low oil production and slow growth in the non-oil sector has negatively impacted shoppers purchasing power. (igd)
Auchan France opens first 'Auchanbio' organic store
Auchan France opened its first organic food and health-focused store Auchanbio just outside of Lille. The retailer says that this new store is designed to attract customers with a desire for organic, healthy and local products at an affordable price. “The opening of Auchanbio shows, once again, Auchan Retail France's desire to promote products from organic farming and demonstrates the company's commitment to the good, the healthy and the local,” the company said in a statement. (esmmagazine.com)
Carrefour Brasil roundup
Carrefour Brasil unveiled stronger profits in Q3, it has doubled those of the same period last year. Carrefour has opened its 100th proximity store in Brazil. The convenience format is an increasingly important driver of expansion in the country, with over 30 opening this year. Though only located in and around Sao Paulo at this stage, the expansion is a response to the growing demand from shoppers in large urban centres of Brazil for a quick and easy shopping experience. Carrefour is also launching its food offer online in Brazil. It will offer this initially in 200 neighbourhoods of Sao Paulo, through the “Meu Carrefour” app, and served via a dark store in the South West of the city. (igd)
US: Walmart is opening a stand-alone grocery pickup location
Walmart is opening a new, stand-alone grocery pickup location in Metairie. The pickup spot is expected to open later this year. The stand-alone grocery pickup is the first for Walmart in the greater New Orleans area, and a sign of the retailer's push into same-day online ordering and pickup as it faces rising competition from the likes of Amazon, which purchased Whole Foods in August. Walmart also offers grocery pickup at select stores. Available items include produce, meat, seafood, dairy, bakery items as well as health and beauty products. (nola.com)
US: SpartanNash's distribution sales grow, but retail stores drag down profits
SpartanNash grew net sales by 5.9% in the third quarter to $1.91bln, up from $1.80bln in the same period a year ago, according to a company release. The company’s distribution channel drove growth, with sales rising 16.5% year-over-year to $937.4mln, thanks primarily to the acquisition of specialty wholesaler Caito Foods and 5.2% organic growth. Despite flat year-over-year sales, the military commissary business showed some improvement compared with last quarter. (fooddive.com)
US: Target unveils next-gen retail store in Richmond
Target has unveiled its first "next generation" store in the Houston area, part of a multibillion-dollar effort to reimagine more than 1,000 stores nationwide to compete with e-commerce giants. Busy families seeking convenience can enter the "ease" side of the store, which offers a supermarket-style experience. Leisure shoppers seeking a high-end retail experience can enter the "inspiration" side, which has a look closer to a department store-style. (chron.com)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2021-11-05 "Greenhouse ginger has a stronger flavor than imported ginger"
- 2021-10-01 Tesco applies strict measures for UK growers
- 2021-09-14 Australian industry faces largest rise in food prices in more than a decade
- 2021-08-30 More visibility for regionality and the strengthening of Austrian producers
- 2021-08-30 Co-op chief says current food shortages are worst he’s ever seen
- 2021-08-27 New look for Lidl store in Lustenau
- 2021-08-24 Chain two days shorter in winter with local cucumbers all year-round at Albert Heijn
- 2021-08-13 Retailers try to address UK lorry driver shortage
- 2021-08-09 Driscoll’s transitions to include online sales
- 2021-07-15 ”Alternative to single-use plastic bags for fresh produce”
- 2021-05-28 "My wholesale clients prefer Shanghai and white pak choi"
- 2021-05-27 Seedless lemons go on sale at Tesco
- 2021-05-26 Scottish grown AVA strawberries now available in supermarkets across the UK
- 2021-02-10 Made in Israel agricultural produce, now also in Bahrain
- 2020-12-14 "New strawberry F1 ‘Soraya’ now in retailers"
- 2020-11-24 "We're selling 25 to 35% more greenhouse-grown produce than five years ago"
- 2020-11-13 CAN: Growers welcome grocery industry call for grocer code of conduct
- 2020-11-10 Grab a rosemary or basil plant from a vending machine as if it were a can of coke
- 2020-10-16 Is this the drive-through supermarket of the future?