Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Vegetable grafting: principles and practices
Recently, an international team of experts in the area of vegetable grafting has compiled the latest scientific knowledge and insights in the book “Vegetable grafting: principles and practices”, edited by Giuseppe Colla, Francisco Pérez-Alfocea and Dietmar Schwarz. Furthermore, valuable practical information is provided on grafting methods and the establishment of grafted transplants in the field and in greenhouses. Researchers of the Business Unit Greenhouse Horticulture of Wageningen University & Research have contributed to this book by giving recommendations for the use of grafted plants as an effective tool for sustainable vegetable production in greenhouses.
This book provides an essential source of information for all researchers, technicians, practitioners and extension workers and can help to increase the production, quality and sustainability of grafted vegetable crops.
This book is based upon work from COST Action FA1204, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)
Source: Wageningen University & Research
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses
- 2022-07-20 Take a look in the RIPE facility
- 2022-07-20 Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
- 2022-07-19 SpaceX Dragon docks with ISS carrying research and fresh vegetables
- 2022-07-19 A satellite view of Almeria's sea of greenhouses
- 2022-07-18 New sprayer for strawberries and low-growing crops
- 2022-07-18 Texan urban farms donates one million servings
- 2022-07-18 Asia’s new agricultural revolution: Planting a high-tech future