- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- UK: £60m worth of food wasted due to lack of workers, NFU warned
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
UK: AHDB helping growers address Brexit labour challenges
The AHDB-hosted events aim to encourage horticultural businesses to adopt Lean and Continuous Improvement performance management principles.
Delegates will leave with a long-term tailored action plan identifying areas of improvements that could be made in the management of their workforce.
Gary Taylor, AHDB Horticulture chairman, who is chairing the events, said: “We know reliable access to affordable labour is one of the highest priorities for growers at the moment and this programme of activity is one of the ways at AHDB that we are helping to address this challenge.”
Neil Fedden, managing director of Fedden USP, who is presenting at the workshops, said: “Using techniques such as Lean and Continuous Improvement mitigates the risk of heavy reliance on seasonal workers and staff engagement and job satisfaction can be significantly improved as a result.
“Workers can also be trained to develop specialist skills using these techniques and so, over time, the overall quality of employees is improved.”
Debbie Wilson, knowledge exchange manager at AHDB Horticulture, said: “We hope for anyone attending these workshops they will be a starting point for a new focus on performance management. We will be facilitating on-going learning and development with delegates by providing self-assessment tools and follow-up meetings to help businesses share their successes and experiences.”
The workshops will take place in: 28 November – East Malling, Kent; 30 November – Stoneleigh, Warwickshire; 13 March 2018 – Lincolnshire and 15 March 2018 – Lancashire.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-17 IFPA recognizes outstanding exhibit marketing at Foodservice Conference
- 2022-08-17 Agritech India 2022: India's largest agricultural exhibition brings bigger opportunities for farmers
- 2022-08-17 "Fruit Attraction 2022 is going to be a great fair, with participation figures similar to those of 2019"
- 2022-08-17 Registration for the 13th TSW Show is open
- 2022-08-16 Roadtour #LoveFloriade introduces people to horticulture
- 2022-08-15 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022