- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
CAN (BC): Premier celebrates good jobs growing good food
“The hard work of B.C. farmers puts food on our tables and brings jobs to our communities,” said Premier John Horgan. “We’re encouraging people to Buy B.C. food first because when people Buy B.C. they are supporting their neighbours and boosting our economy.”
Agriculture is a key part of a strong, sustainable economy that benefits everyone, in every region of the province. Sixty-three thousand British Columbians work in B.C.’s agriculture, seafood and food and beverage processing sectors, which generates more than $14 billion a year.
“For too long, farmers have been left to struggle with rising land costs, labour challenges and an underdeveloped domestic market,” said Agriculture Minister Lana Popham. “We’re planting the seeds of a stronger agriculture sector by revitalizing the Agricultural Land Reserve, restoring the Buy BC marketing program and working with farmers to create jobs and unlock economic activity in communities throughout the province.”
BC Agriculture Council (BCAC) chair Stan Vander Waal was one of many agricultural representatives at the legislature to honour the work of B.C.’s farmers and ranchers and to encourage British Columbians to recognize the benefits when they Buy BC products.
“BC Agriculture Council and the government have an important role to play in supporting our agri-food system”, said Vander Waal. “By proactively working together, we can achieve mutually beneficial policies, regulations and programs that support the sustainability and growth of B.C.’s land and water based industries.”
BCAC is the only provincewide general farm organization representing the farmers and ranchers of British Columbia. BCAC proudly serves nearly 30 commodity associations who in turn generate 96% of the farm gate sales in B.C.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags