- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Artificial seeds: Even better than the real thing?
The production of plant clones multiplied by tissue culture and distributed as artificial seeds could be a useful alternative to the costly F1 hybrids for different plant crops. The delivery of artificial seeds also facilitates issues such as undertaking several ways for scaling up in vitro cultures and acclimatization to ex vitro conditions. The development of an artificial seed technique also provides a great approach for the improvement of various plant species such as trees and crops.
Access the full study at Agronomy.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 "Broccoli leaves hold key to fighting crop disease"
- 2022-11-30 "We strive to make raspberries an affordable fruit for more customers"
- 2022-11-29 Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- 2022-11-23 BGI-Sanya and KeyGene start collaboration on spatial transcriptomics
- 2022-11-17 Peas will grow again: New “Mendel greenhouse” opens in Brno
- 2022-11-08 IAEA and FAO send seeds into space
- 2022-11-01 Plenty of variety trials in Mexico and Canada: larger, more resistant varieties are the 'new standard'
- 2022-11-01 "The future of UK plant breeding needs more diversity, collaboration and big data"
- 2022-10-31 Precision Breeding Bill will supercharge investment in UK crop innovation
- 2022-10-25 European plant breeding academy announces outstanding student for class 6
- 2022-10-20 ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties to be launched in Mexico
- 2022-10-14 Production started on new seedless watermelon
- 2022-10-14 The importance of digital phenotying in agriculture
- 2022-10-13 Irish tomato businesses might face delayed start to 2023 growing season
- 2022-10-07 Precision breeding: policymakers deliberate next steps in regulating new crop tool
- 2022-10-06 Night-time heat stress: “Research will pave the way for tolerant varieties that growers can use”
- 2022-10-03 Euroseeds replies to European Greens' report
- 2022-09-30 KeyGene early adopter of MGI sequencing
- 2022-09-30 Mega aeroponic greenhouse multiplies potato seeds in Rwanda
- 2022-09-30 Family behind James Bond franchise claims to have named ‘broccoli’