- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
How trends affect shoppers
Another trend resulting in major changes is the need for convenience. This includes not only convenience foods that require little preparation but also our tendency to eat at all hours. How many people actually still sit down to dinner at exactly 6:00 p.m.? Consumers eat a greater number of smaller meals per day. They graze their way through the day: on the go, at work or at home. But even for these 'in-between' meals, people want to have good healthy products at their fingertips.
Consumer buying behaviour
These global trends are changing consumer buying behaviour. This is why those of us at Prominent are constantly conducting research into these trends and developments and considering how they might affect the fresh produce shelf. If we didn't, quickly changing consumer buying behaviour could mean that our current line of products could become outdated just as quickly. Sharing these findings with our partners and other professionals provides a more accurate picture and helps us improve our consumer marketing.
Source: Prominent (Lynne Witlox)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage