- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
EFSA to strengthen international cooperation during China visit
Since 2012, EFSA has been forging ties with various Chinese regulatory bodies, in particular the CFSA. Good contacts have been established between the two authorities through technical visits, the exchange of guest scientists, and a Memorandum of Cooperation signed in 2016.
A highlight of this year’s visit will be EFSA’s prominent participation in the 11th China International Food Safety & Quality Conference, taking place in Beijing on 1-2 November. In addition to a keynote speech by the Authority’s Executive Director Bernhard Url, EFSA delegates will contribute to conference sessions on topics ranging from risk communication to chemical and biological risk assessment.
Global approach to food safety
EFSA will also co-chair a seminar on “Global harmonisation of principles and methods for risk assessment of chemicals in food”, jointly organised with the CFSA, the French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety (Anses), and the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR).
An important milestone will be the launch of two new international liaison groups on risk communication (IRCLG) and on methods for risk assessment of chemicals in food (ILMERAC). A workshop on “Global strategic risk communication for food safety”, jointly organised with Peking University and CFSA, will complete the programme.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-21 "Huwa-San is a piece of the puzzle, but the whole puzzle needs to be put together"
- 2023-09-21 Hygienic harvesting with new knives and scissors
- 2023-09-21 USDA invests in efforts to prevent and reduce food loss and waste
- 2023-09-19 Fresh food program launched in Indiana will be expanded nationwide
- 2023-06-14 Tomatoes from Albania are suspected to have high levels of hormones
- 2023-06-12 "Surface Coating saves labor and keeps machines cleaner"
- 2023-06-09 GlobalG.A.P. celebrated World Food Safety Day 2023
- 2023-06-07 Tomato propagator improves yield by disinfecting irrigation water
- 2023-06-06 64 COVID outbreaks on Canadian farms in 2020, mostly tied to greenhouses
- 2023-05-29 UAE: Counts of e-coli in vegetables from retailers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- 2023-05-29 Good Agricultural Practices for food safety of hydroponic crops
- 2023-05-26 Simply Hot brand Thai Green Peppers recalled due to Salmonella
- 2023-05-26 Japanese blueberries and grapes rejected by Taiwan for banned pesticides
- 2023-05-22 Tuta Absoluta outbreak: Nigerians should consider alternatives, says nutritionist
- 2023-05-22 TikTok avocado hack might breed deadly bacteria
- 2023-05-19 New report finds 97% of fruits and vegetables sampled in California meet pesticide safety standards
- 2023-05-19 Sustainable seal for packaging companies presented
- 2023-05-17 Adding a protective layer that protects the cultivation system, keeping hygiene
- 2023-05-17 Test before you taste
- 2023-05-11 Coalition calls for Canada to ban glyphosate use