The conference will feature three days of aquaponics tours, presentations, discussions, and hands-on demonstrations by the world's foremost aquaponics experts.
Putting Down Roots is about growing more of our food with aquaponics, the process of raising fish and plants in a synergistic recirculating system. Aquaponic growers intend to become the backbone of local food economies with efficient systems that can be placed anywhere, grow year-round, create jobs, save resources, and make us healthier.
Conference Chair Brian Filipowich stated: "In addition to hands-on applied knowledge, the conference will be a venue for growers to discuss industry issues like USDA organic eligibility, food safety, access to capital, and research needs. Putting Down Roots is about overcoming shared barriers so we can all grow more."
Putting Down Roots will feature:
- Over 50 aquaponics presentations across four learning tracks: Commercial Aquaponics, Community Aquaponics, Applied Aquaponic Skills, and Aquaponics in STEM Education;
- Urban and rural aquaponics tours to commercial aquaponics projects;
- Panel discussions and Q&A sessions with industry experts;
- Putting Down Global Roots Banquet;
- Aquaponics Showroom with commercial and hobbyist booths and demonstrations; and
- Aquaponics Association members meeting and board votes.
For more information: