Top 5 -yesterday
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- More demand for pepper washers due to aphids
- "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
Top 5 -last month
Growing possibility that US will seek bilateral trade deals, says Jeff Rubin
According to Jeff Rubin, a Senior Fellow at the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI), Lighthizer's comments might be a nod to a new US trade strategy on the horizon.
"Lighthizer pointed to difficulties in resolving a lopsided and unbalanced trade agreement," says Rubin. "While a new round of negotiations are scheduled, there is a growing possibility that the US will walk away from the agreement and seek separate bilateral trade deals with Canada and Mexico."
A new timeline was also announced. NAFTA talks, which were originally intended to end by December, will extend into the first quarter of 2018.
"Extending talks on a negotiation with no obvious 'landing zone' due to poison pill brinksmanship is irresponsible; it imposes costs on businesses making decisions in real time," says Dan Ciuriak, another Senior Fellow at CIGI.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 "European retailers want alternatives to possible decline of lit Dutch tomato acreage this winter"
- 2022-08-11 Movement of Mexican asparagus through Arizona, California and Texas expected to remain about the same
- 2022-08-11 Total ad numbers this week saw 2% increase from last week
- 2022-08-11 "Vegetable supplies are severely disrupted this season as growers face a crisis under a mountain of challenges"
- 2022-08-11 UK farmers count cost as heatwave kills fruit and vegetable crops
- 2022-08-11 "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- 2022-08-11 The benefits of agtech in urban buildings
- 2022-08-11 Nigeria: Lagosians see pepper prices go up by 100% in two weeks
- 2022-08-11 Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- 2022-08-11 Orange and Dragon Agriculture: Avocados should be considered a healthy food rather than a daily fruit
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program
- 2022-07-22 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW CUCUMBER