- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- New report outlines and quantifies catastrophic loss from the tomato brown rugose fruit virus (ToBRFV)
- Taking lettuce production outside of California
- "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- "Increasing demand for coconut substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Successful second subcommittee meeting:
Japan and Holland strengthen agricultural cooperation
The sub-committee meeting was titled: ‘Driving innovation through public-private-academic collaboration and disseminating research and development outcomes in agriculture’. More than 25 representatives from the Netherlands and Japan attended the meeting, including Mr. Don Kester of Van der Hoeven Horticulture projects, Dr. Jochen Hemming of Wageningen University & Research, Mr. Dennis Steentjes of Delphy Japan, and Dr. Evert Jan Krajenbrink, Agricultural Counsellor of the Netherlands Embassy.
Dr. Kazumasa Shioya (Vice president of NARO) and Mr. Don Kester discussed examples of technological development through public-private-academic collaboration. Mr. Hiroaki Yamada (Director MAFF, Technology policy) and Dr. Jochen Hemming discussed future directions of technological developments in the greenhouse sector, like robotics, ICT and the role of the golden triangle. Finally, Mr. Yuichi Otsuka (dep. Director Extension Service) and Mr. Dennis Steentjes of Delphy Japan discussed different ways of disseminating existing knowledge, like the privatized and commercial system which is used in the Netherlands, compared to the free service in Japan.
The Japan-Netherlands Dialogue on Agricultural Cooperation was established based on the Joint Statement between the Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan signed on 15th December 2016, with an aim to promote bilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture between the two countries. The first-year dialogue takes place in 2017, which consists of a few subcommittee meetings and a plenary session. The first subcommittee took place on Monday 8 May 2017 and was focused on the ‘desired role of producer organizations to increase farmers’ sales force’. For more details, please click here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
- 2022-12-07 Certis Biologicals appoints new president of business development and licensing
- 2022-12-07 UGA study aims to help farmers transitioning to organic production
- 2022-12-07 Chicago couple uses hydroponic farm to increase fresh produce access for all
- 2022-12-07 UK is 'sleepwalking' into a food supply crisis, NFU warns
- 2022-12-07 AgBiome welcomes Southeast Channel sales manager
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coconut substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods
- 2022-12-07 "Food waste and safety are huge challenges"
- 2022-12-07 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-07 Dutch nursery Globe Plant employs new greenhouse
- 2022-12-07 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-06 Rijk Zwaan launches ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties