- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
Top 5 -yesterday
- Rijk Zwaan launches ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties
- New bankruptcy of greenhouse horticulture company still surrounded by question marks
- "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- Additional blue light does not affect taste and crop quality when growing basil
- NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Winter is an ideal time to build, if you plan accurately
In the winter months, the ground will freeze and thaw causing the soil to expand and contract. Constructing a stable foundation for a greenhouse structure under these conditions can be a difficult task. The ground may heave and shift the foundation posts or ground stakes designed to support the weight of the frame, potentially leading to structural instability. Pouring concrete in the winter may prevent the cement from curing properly.
There is equipment available that thaws the frozen ground and thermal blankets that prevent frost from developing, but these items are often expensive and add more cost to the overall project. Autumn has only just begun, so there is still time to begin preliminary construction.
CropKing strives to offer the highest quality greenhouses, growing systems, and above all, customer service. When ordering a CropKing greenhouse, customers have the option to receive Early Ground Material shipping. Growers will receive the ground stakes or column posts, and baseboard pipe straps. These items will be delivered before the rest of the greenhouse to allow for adequate time to pour concrete and lay the foundation.
Once the groundwork is in place, the difficulty of winter construction has been greatly reduced. Crews can continue to construct the greenhouse throughout the winter without sacrificing the integrity of the structure. With high labor availability and off-peak wages, winter is an ideal time to build. If you decide to go this route, make sure you ask for the Early Ground option to ensure that your foundation is sound so your structure will be strong.
For more information:
T: +1 330-302-4203
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-11-30 US (WY): Enactus members construct greenhouse for Riverview residents
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline