- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US (LA): LSU College of Agriculture endowed scholarship created
“It is very exciting to be a part of this opportunity to present this endowed scholarship to the College of Agriculture,” said Sylvia Guillotte, president of LVFC. “It is our intention that it will help more students to attend LSU to further their studies.”
Louisiana Volunteers for Family and Community and the Louisiana Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences present a check to establish an endowed scholarship in the LSU College of Agriculture. At the check presentation are, from left, Gina Eubanks, LSU AgCenter associate vice president and program leader for nutrition and food sciences; Karen Overstreet, associate director of the School of Nutrition and Food Sciences; Robin Landry, AgCenter southwest regional coordinator for family and consumer sciences; Sylvia Guillotte, president of LVFC; Bill Richardson, LSU vice president for agriculture and dean of the College of Agriculture; and Lindsey Fussell, AgCenter director of development. Photo by Hannah Venerella/LSU
The organizations combined their funds for the endowment, which is known as the Louisiana Volunteers for Family and Community/Louisiana Extension Association for Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship. LEAFCS agreed to make an annual contribution so the fund will continue to grow.
The scholarship will be used to help aid undergraduate students with a 3.0 GPA in the college’s School of Nutrition and Food Sciences.
LVFC works in partnership with the LSU AgCenter to continually strengthen the well-being of the state’s communities and families through health fairs, charity walks and other events.
LEAFCS is a professional organization that encourages nutrition agents employed in the AgCenter to enhance leadership skills and further develop the profession.
“The importance of agriculture in our state has and will continue to be a driving force in our economy. Most of the state’s commodities are directly related to the foods we eat and the clothes we wear,” said Robin Landry, LEAFCS southwest regional coordinator. “We know that the recipients, worthy young individuals, have the ability to impact our state, and potentially the world in which we live, in agriculture.”
Source: LSU AgCenter (Tobie Blanchard)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation