- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
UK: BASIS exhibits at National Fruit Show for first time
Stephen Jacob, CEO of BASIS, explains that members of the Professional Register can claim two Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for attending each day of the event.
“In order to collect the CPD points, BASIS members should visit stand H5 and present their membership card to a member of the team,” says Stephen.
“The team will be on hand to provide advice and guidance to prospective BASIS members, and will also have details of the wide range of training courses on offer to both members and non-members,” he adds.
As well as the BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection (Commercial Horticulture), Stephen highlights there is a range of advanced crop modules available that enable individuals to focus their learning on soft fruit, top fruit and hops or field vegetables.
“All of the courses we offer are designed specifically for individuals working in the sector who want to grow their expertise and stay abreast of the latest developments, whether it be from a technical or regulatory perspective,” explains Stephen.
“This is particularly important in commercial horticulture as things change so rapidly and it’s technically very demanding,” he adds.
Sarah Calcutt, chairman of The National Fruit show, reiterates Stephen’s point about the importance of continued professional development.
“It’s imperative that those working in the industry keep up to date on the latest initiatives and best practice. We’re really pleased that BASIS are exhibiting at this year’s event and we really value their support,” says Sarah.
For more information on BASIS membership and training, visit www.basis-reg.co.uk or call 01335 343945.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-16 "Focus on the future of horticulture" defining theme of IPM Essen
- 2022-11-14 New trends, innovations, and chain take center stage at Global Berry Congress
- 2022-11-14 NL: Cucumber event keeps audience in suspense
- 2022-11-10 New berry trends at Global Berry Congress 2022
- 2022-11-10 Mexico: Apply now for the 3rd start-up challenge and win a ticket to GreenTech Americas