- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: BASIS exhibits at National Fruit Show for first time
Stephen Jacob, CEO of BASIS, explains that members of the Professional Register can claim two Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for attending each day of the event.
“In order to collect the CPD points, BASIS members should visit stand H5 and present their membership card to a member of the team,” says Stephen.
“The team will be on hand to provide advice and guidance to prospective BASIS members, and will also have details of the wide range of training courses on offer to both members and non-members,” he adds.
As well as the BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection (Commercial Horticulture), Stephen highlights there is a range of advanced crop modules available that enable individuals to focus their learning on soft fruit, top fruit and hops or field vegetables.
“All of the courses we offer are designed specifically for individuals working in the sector who want to grow their expertise and stay abreast of the latest developments, whether it be from a technical or regulatory perspective,” explains Stephen.
“This is particularly important in commercial horticulture as things change so rapidly and it’s technically very demanding,” he adds.
Sarah Calcutt, chairman of The National Fruit show, reiterates Stephen’s point about the importance of continued professional development.
“It’s imperative that those working in the industry keep up to date on the latest initiatives and best practice. We’re really pleased that BASIS are exhibiting at this year’s event and we really value their support,” says Sarah.
For more information on BASIS membership and training, visit www.basis-reg.co.uk or call 01335 343945.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses particate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen
- 2023-11-23 "Installing a modern shading system in a plastic greenhouse is becoming more common"
- 2023-11-23 Ecuadorian produce promoted at New York Produce Show
- 2023-11-22 Canadian produce industry advocates for affordable healthy food for Canadians
- 2023-11-22 Large Dutch horticulture delegation visiting China, heralding closer cooperation
- 2023-11-22 Growtech starts, a Turkish horticultural exhibition about more than Turkey alone
- 2023-11-22 The 21st China Greenhouse Horticulture Industry Conference was successfully held in Hangzhou
- 2023-11-20 UAE: Heat and labor shortage drive innovation in the Middle East