Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
TTA’s small-sized transplanter PackPlanter S now available
The PackPlanter S provides a solution for nurseries too small to justify the purchase of a larger transplanter. Steve Biles, General Manager TTA USA, explains: “In the US we see that smaller growers experience difficulties recruiting seasonal workers for the transplanting work. As a result, they wish to automate the process. Until TTA launched the PackPlanter S, these growers had to either compromise on transplanting quality or consider investing in large and expensive transplanters that exceeded their production needs. With the PackPlanter S, a better option has become available to them.”
The PackPlanter S is already proving its worth at Parker Wilson Farms in Pottsboro, Texas, USA. This farm is split between two smaller fields remotely located from each other. The distance between the two locations ruled out the purchase of a single, larger transplanter. Now, one of two branches is accommodated with a PackPlanter S; plans to purchase another PackPlanter for the second branch, have already been discussed.
The PackPlanter S can transplant into trays, packs and pots in shuttle trays. It offers an easy-to-use interface with built-in self-diagnosis. TTA USA is currently working to ensure availability of the PackPlanter S to other markets as of October 2017.
For more information:
Van Beukelaarweg 45
2971 VL Bleskensgraaf
Tel: +31 (0) 184 69 11 05
Fax: +31 (0) 184 69 11 07
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging