Every person that buys locally grown produce directly from farmers should have a basic understanding of the food safety guidelines and practices that the farmers follow. What is GAPs and why is it important to me? This training will allow you to ask your questions and you will leave having a clearer understanding of standards, regulatory requirements, and the practices followed by farmers to reduce microbial risk.
The agenda will cover:
- What are GAPs, HGAPs, other third party audit schemes,
- FSMA federal regulations
- What does this mean for farmers and what are the financial impacts on farmers
- What does this mean for buyers
- Traceability and recall
- Farmer and buyer testimonials
- Locally processed foods regulation overview
- Action steps
Click here for more information.