- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Lumileds expands hort portfolio
The Luxeon SunPlus 35 Line is optimized for vertical farming in shallow tiers so uniformity is optimized at very short distances. The Deep Red (650-670 nm) and Far Red (720-740 nm) wavelengths join the existing Royal Blue (445-455 nm), Lime (broad spectrum) and three shades of Purple with varying contributions of blue (2.5%, 12.5% and 25%) in a 3.5 x 3.5 mm format. “These essential red wavelengths are combined with blue to give the exact spectra needed for each crop. Our Horticulture Lighting Calculator is especially helpful in this context because lighting manufacturers can experiment with LED ratios and spectral power distributions before building the fixtures,” said Jennifer Holland, Product Line Director of the Luxeon SunPlus Series.
Customer success and market adoption of the Luxeon SunPlus 35 Purple and the need for even greater PPF in a single device led to the development of the Luxeon SunPlus CoB Purple (12.5% blue) product. In contrast to vertical farming where lighting is positioned a short distance from plants, greenhouse lighting requires deep penetration into the plant canopy, which is achieved with a directional CoB. The CoB portfolio complements the Luxeon SunPlus 20 and 35 Lines, which offer a variety of colors to optimize the spectrum for greenhouse applications. The CoB form factor also means that standard optics, holders and drivers are available to help manufacturers accelerate time to market of their fixtures. “The chip on board approach allows us to maximize PPF to as high as 350 µmol/s from a single source,” said Holland. The Luxeon SunPlus CoB Purple is available with 15, 19 and 32mm light emitting surfaces.
For more information on the Luxeon SunPlus Series, see www.lumileds.com/horticulture/products
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks