- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
European Parliament president visits EFSA
It marked the first occasion that a President of the European Parliament has visited EFSA.
President Tajani spoke to EFSA staff about the important role the Authority plays in supporting European policy making on food-related issues and the high regard the European Parliament attaches to its scientific advice.
“In the coming months and years, the European Parliament and the citizens we represent will continue to rely on the scientific expertise of EFSA to protect our health and to help us deliver growth and prosperity in the European Union. I pledge my support and that of the European Parliament to EFSA and its important work”, said President Tajani.
EFSA’s Executive Director said: “As an EU agency, we were set up to serve European citizens. Today represents an important opportunity to reaffirm the relationship between EFSA and the European institution that directly represents this constituency. It is an honour to welcome President Tajani to EFSA”.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Fenix joins forces with Genesis seeds in the battle against the new race of downy mildew
- 2022-11-18 UK: NFU reminds new Defra Secretary of Rishi Sunak's food pledges
- 2022-11-16 Freshfel warning: Food safety can suffer due to rising energy costs
- 2022-10-26 PlantwisePlus training helps Kenyan growers meet KS1758 food safety standard
- 2022-10-21 Food safety monitoring could be more effective
- 2022-10-07 UK: New data highlights that families are purchasing fewer vegetables
- 2022-10-07 CDC says outbreak linked to Wendy’s sandwiches is over
- 2022-09-22 Various brands of salad products recalled due to pieces of plastic
- 2022-09-22 GHGA recalls various ready-to-eat vegetable products due to possible Listeria Monocytogenes contamination
- 2022-09-20 Agriculture Ministers in Prague: EU must strengthen food security
- 2022-09-20 Microalgae promise abundant healthy food and feed in any environment
- 2022-09-15 Australian first forum held to assist the fresh produce industry grow with phytosanitary irradiation
- 2022-09-14 NZ: Risk of Hepatitis A from frozen berries
- 2022-09-14 "Less food waste does make a difference"
- 2022-09-12 Smartphone app taking on billion-dollar food fraud challenge
- 2022-09-09 "Solving global nutrition challenges depends on accelerated crop breeding"
- 2022-09-08 USDA has reviewed new purple tomato variety
- 2022-09-06 UK: Sustainable food and drink innovation gets £2m funding boost
- 2022-09-05 E. coli case linked to Wendy’s romaine expands to Indiana
- 2022-08-26 UAE wants to harness AI to tackle food waste