- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
US: AMVAC Chemical Corporation acquires OHP
OHP is a supplier of chemical and biological pesticide solutions specifically packaged and labelled for the greenhouse and nursery production markets and sold through a network of distribution partners throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. OHP was founded in 1988 by Ronald Soldo and has dedicated itself to fulfilling the pest control needs of the production ornamental market. In its 30-year history, OHP has grown to hold a leading position in the greenhouse and nursery pest control market. “After so many years of involvement in this industry, I am confident that AMVAC represents an ideal owner to foster and grow the OHP business well into the future” says Ron Soldo, CEO of OHP, Inc.
OHP will continue to operate as it has in the past and there will be no changes to staff, products, customers or operations. AMVAC will operate the business as a wholly owned subsidiary under the name of OHP, Inc. Dan Stahl will continue on as General Manager reporting directly to Bob Trogele, AMVAC COO.
“We are very pleased to now be a part of AMVAC,” says Dan Stahl, GM of OHP. “The cultural fit, resources and business development approach of AMVAC will create tremendous opportunities for growth. I am truly excited to be a part of the AMVAC leadership team and look forward to continuing the future growth of the OHP business,” adds Stahl.
“We are extremely excited to have OHP be a part of AMVAC,” says AMVAC COO Bob Trogele. “The reputation and quality of the entire OHP team is remarkable. The entrepreneurial culture, business model and strategy are very similar to the way we operate at AMVAC so it is a great fit. They will continue to operate as they always have in providing a broad range of value-added products and service to commercial greenhouses and nurseries. The leading position OHP has built will be a great complement to our growing turf, ornamental and pest control business,” adds Trogele.
For more information:
P.O. Box 51230
Mainland, PA 19451
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Samskip and Boluda Lines join forces to launch new Spain-Ireland-UK Service
- 2023-10-02 UK: House of Lords Horticultural Sector Committee visits Kent-based vertical farm
- 2023-10-02 New greenhouse covers promise to save water, energy, and improve profitability
- 2023-10-02 CAN (ON): The party is on at the inauguration Van der Ende's new office in Kingsville
- 2023-10-02 Gentle handling and weighing of vine tomatoes and grapes
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"