- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
Click here to view the photo report.
What started as a primarily domestic event, has seen international attendance continue to grow, with exhibitors and visitors hailing from the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Egypt, just to name a few.
Poland has changed a lot since the beginning of the conference. One of the panel discussions held throughout the day touched on just that, asking the question, 'What drives the Polish consumer?'. Panelists discussed how to increase fresh and vegetable consumption in Poland, how logistics have changed over the past 10 years and what role packaging has in sales. The speakers emphasized the importance of internet retail and that private labels are the wave of the future.
The Russian embargo continues to change the landscape of Polish exports and has caused many traders to search for new markets and new innovations in order replace the gaps in sales that were left after Russia was no longer the main market for many. Since then, many have looked to alternative markets such as China, India and the Middle East. For this discussion, panelists spoke about the work that Polish promotion boards are doing abroad, if it is enough, but also what the different preferences are for those markets.
The event was a great opportunity for visitors to meet directly with major European retailers in the hopes of striking up a new deal together, along with providing a great opportunity for visitors to network and visit the various stands located in the hall.
Towards the end of the afternoon, the organisers took the opportunity to recognise the companies which had been present at the event from the very start. After that, the much awaited Fresh Market Award 2017 was announced, with the lucky winner being Polish company DILAR, for their packaged fresh goji berries. A product that many fortunate visitors were able to taste for the very first time.
To learn more about the Fresh Market Conference, please visit www.freshmarket.eu.
Click here to view the photo report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-30 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-29 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers
- 2022-11-17 China-Netherlands Plant Variety Protection Workshop
- 2022-11-17 Industry 4.0 food factory of the future event at CAFRE
- 2022-11-17 New date change for the NovelFarm trade show
- 2022-11-16 Austria: Innovation award for indoor farming company
- 2022-11-16 Creating value with less: a hot theme at Global Berry Congress 2022