- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
NL: Certhon builds own Innovation Centre
Certhon started the build for their Innovation Centre last month to further develop the PlantyFood growing method. PlantyFood is a growing method, developed by Certhon, to grow vegetables, fruits and floriculture without daylight.
Demand for safe and healthy food, which is sustainable and locally produced, is increasing worldwide. This creates a higher demand for indoor growing solutions on a large scale. However, growing in a growth cell requires other cultivation methods than growing in a traditional greenhouse. As biggest change, compared to traditional growing methods, the outside climate will not be leading to your growing method but indoor climate will be defined by the available techniques.
Tests will be conducted on a total surface of 240m2, which will be used as best practice for growing without daylight on a large scale.
“We are not a research Institute”, says John van der Sande, Head of R&D at Certhon. “With the knowledge we gain in our own research institute, we can help our clients the first one or two years to achieve a maximum result. Next to the tools to create the optimal environment, we also offer specific agronomical knowledge.”
Multiple research projects start at the end of 2017 with various crops selected by Certhon. The tests will be conducted in different climates, humidity and light recipes or it can serve as a test case for lighting, sensors, software and other hardware.
For more information:
ABC Westland 555
2685 DG Poeldijk
T: 0174 225080
F: 0174 225081
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm