- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: NSAC urges Congress to seek real solutions for immigration reform
Farm workers harvest produce on an organic farm. Photo credit: Reana Kovalcik.
Many American farmers and ranchers rely on immigrant labor, and immigrants count on the American agricultural industry to provide meaningful, well-paying jobs. Given the importance of this relationship, and in response to recent immigration actions, NSAC members have developed a brief statement on the current situation with respect to immigration and agriculture.
"NSAC stands with immigrant, refugee, and migrant communities in a joint effort to realize a safe, vibrant, and respectful United States, including a just immigration system. We cannot have sustainability in agriculture and rural communities without ensuring that the health, safety, and basic needs of all are met. Along with sustainable use of natural resources, sustainable agriculture also includes economic viability, vibrant rural communities, and high quality of life for farmers, ranchers, and farm workers. To achieve these goals we need safe communities, an adequate workforce, and a culture of respect, all of which are being threatened by caustic, hateful, and hurtful rhetoric aimed at immigrants, refugees, and migrants."
Read more at NSAC
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Philippines: Experts encourage urban farming
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31
- 2023-12-05 COP28: New AIIB-FAO partnership to boost rural infrastructure development to transform agrifood systems
- 2023-12-05 UK: ePhyto trial announced by Defra for Dutch plant & plant products imports
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program