- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Growlink announces new irrigation controller
“An irrigation control system has been the most requested new product from our customers,” said Ted Tanner, CEO of Growlink. “The Irrigation Controller is the first of several new products we will be releasing over the next few months.”
By automating an irrigation system with the Smart Irrigation Controller, farmers gain greater control over their crops and can significantly conserve water via precision irrigation, eliminating overwatering, under watering and run-off. This helps farmers meet environmental regulations and leads to more sustainable horticulture; it also reduces energy costs for fuel and electricity.
The Smart Irrigation Controller can be used as a standalone device or as part of the Growlink Platform, working with all other Growlink products. It has four sensor inputs and four relays and includes preset calibrations for rock wool and soil mediums. The system can be scaled just by adding additional controllers. Sensor probes measure soil moisture, temperature and electrical conductivity and come with 6’ cables. Relays can be used to control values and pumps.
Growlink’s connected Environment, Nutrient and Irrigation Controllers allow users to see, monitor, and control a farm from anywhere using their smartphone. These Internet of Things devices are designed for indoor and greenhouse grow operations, and their modular design allows them to scale from single rooms to large greenhouses and everything in between. They are part of Growlink’s complete cloud-based ecosystem and are capable of predictive analytics.
The Growlink App, available in the Apple App store and Google Play, connects to the Growlink Controllers and allows users to monitor sensor data in real time, view real-time video, and control any connected devices. Users can set up rules including sensor triggers, timers, and schedules to automate the grow process. Soon, users will be able download grow programs, providing optimized configurations for various vegetables and herbs.
The Growlink Smart Irrigation Controller retails for $599 and includes one sensor. It is available direct from Growlink at http://www.growlink.com and hydroponic stores everywhere.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer