- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Growlink announces new irrigation controller
“An irrigation control system has been the most requested new product from our customers,” said Ted Tanner, CEO of Growlink. “The Irrigation Controller is the first of several new products we will be releasing over the next few months.”
By automating an irrigation system with the Smart Irrigation Controller, farmers gain greater control over their crops and can significantly conserve water via precision irrigation, eliminating overwatering, under watering and run-off. This helps farmers meet environmental regulations and leads to more sustainable horticulture; it also reduces energy costs for fuel and electricity.
The Smart Irrigation Controller can be used as a standalone device or as part of the Growlink Platform, working with all other Growlink products. It has four sensor inputs and four relays and includes preset calibrations for rock wool and soil mediums. The system can be scaled just by adding additional controllers. Sensor probes measure soil moisture, temperature and electrical conductivity and come with 6’ cables. Relays can be used to control values and pumps.
Growlink’s connected Environment, Nutrient and Irrigation Controllers allow users to see, monitor, and control a farm from anywhere using their smartphone. These Internet of Things devices are designed for indoor and greenhouse grow operations, and their modular design allows them to scale from single rooms to large greenhouses and everything in between. They are part of Growlink’s complete cloud-based ecosystem and are capable of predictive analytics.
The Growlink App, available in the Apple App store and Google Play, connects to the Growlink Controllers and allows users to monitor sensor data in real time, view real-time video, and control any connected devices. Users can set up rules including sensor triggers, timers, and schedules to automate the grow process. Soon, users will be able download grow programs, providing optimized configurations for various vegetables and herbs.
The Growlink Smart Irrigation Controller retails for $599 and includes one sensor. It is available direct from Growlink at http://www.growlink.com and hydroponic stores everywhere.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress
- 2023-11-22 How AI-led climate modelling could save millions of dollars