- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Hoogendoorn whitepapers on Next Generation Growing available via webinars
In the Netherlands, an intensive educational program was introduced where hundreds of Dutch growers and consultants have been educated and trained to expand their knowledge of physics and plant physiology. By applying the principles of NGG they improve their results and minimize energy costs at the same time.
On Thursday 5 October 2017, Hoogendoorn and LetsGrow are organizing the webinar Plant Empowerment, the 1st webinar of a series of 4 on Next Generation Growing. The subject of this 1st webinar is Plant Empowerment. René Beerkens from Hoogendoorn and Jan Voogt from LetsGrow will provide you in short with some backgrounds and applications on plant empowerment.
In the 3 other webinars, the 3 plant balances will be discussed: assimilates balance, water balance and energy balance. These webinars will also be organized in cooperation with Hoogendoorn partners and will follow on the publication of a whitepaper on the topic.
Did you miss the whitepaper on plant empowerment? You can find it here.
For more information:
Hoogendoorn Growth Management
T: +31 (0)10 460 80 80
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-24 US (NC): Hydroponic units supply food pantry
- 2022-11-23 UK: Young farmers discuss industry's plans at next generation conference
- 2022-11-23 TİKA set up 3 hydroponic greenhouses in Lebanon
- 2022-11-23 UK: Plan lodged with Highland Council for shed and greenhouse at Castletown youth club
- 2022-11-23 Workshop helps shape future of AgTech, good jobs in Central Queensland
- 2022-11-21 Saffron production under controlled conditions
- 2022-11-21 Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- 2022-11-18 SA: Empowerment project sees Nederburg grow its own lunch
- 2022-11-18 Brooklyn's The Greenhouse Bar, a slick combination of businesses
- 2022-11-17 New greenhouse to help provide healthy food at Central Iowa Shelter & Services
- 2022-11-17 Scaling out aeroponics technology for potato mini tuber production in Rwanda
- 2022-11-16 Zimbabwe aims for a higher horticultural output
- 2022-11-16 Full LED-lit strawberry crop delivers 'Rolls Royce' among strawberries
- 2022-11-14 Bonwell: the multi-fruited mini cucumber with high resistance to CGMMV
- 2022-11-14 Site potentials for upscaled aquaponics in a Berlin case study
- 2022-11-10 Sri Lanka: "No proper regulatory system to control vegetable seed prices"
- 2022-11-10 China: Smart agriculture promoted at CIIE fair
- 2022-11-10 EU Commission addresses availability and affordability of fertilizers
- 2022-11-10 Philippines second country to approve genetically modified eggplant
- 2022-11-08 Strawberry transplants facilitated by soilless technique