- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
NL: Summer School Green Genetics #SSGG17
This year’s edition the students visited Bayer, Syngenta, Barenburg, De Groot en Slot (Seed Valley) and NAKtuinbouw. All visits were perfectly organised by the companies and the students learned, saw and experienced a lot of fascinating aspects of the Dutch plant breeding and propagation industry. Besides the ‘study visits’ the students also followed lectures from several Wageningen University & Research plant breeding experts: prof. dr. ir. Richard Visser, dr. Gerard van der Linden and dr. ir. Sjaak van Heusden. The lecturers educated them on basic plant breeding topics, such as the historical developments so far, breeding techniques and upcoming GMOs. Another part of the programme was provided by John van ‘t Klooster, study advisor who gave a short pitch regarding study opportunities at Wageningen University & Research.
The students posed many questions and showed a tremendous interest. As a consequence, the students are highly appreciated by everyone participating and contributing to the programme.
Read more at Wageningen University & Research
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 "Our Intermediate Resistance varieties live up to their promise"
- 2023-12-04 US: Science and technology to facilitate communication with plants
- 2023-12-01 US (NY): Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement workshop welcomes global plant breeders and social scientists
- 2023-11-22 Crop Trust and Plant Treaty pledging more than $100,000 to safeguard genebanks in Laos and Sudan
- 2023-11-22 Cora Seeds releases ToBRFV-resistant tomatoes
- 2023-11-22 Genetic insights into plant defense and growth trade-offs
- 2023-11-17 USDA proposes changes in approval process of genetically engineered crops
- 2023-11-15 Plant breeders and researchers collaborate for the next generation of legumes to reduce the protein gap in Europe
- 2023-11-13 AU: Breeder secures land to further breeding operations
- 2023-11-09 Turnover of Rijk Zwaan up to 593 million euros
- 2023-11-07 "We believe that such stacked resistance will stand up to new ToBRFV-mutations"
- 2023-11-06 Breeders welcome the adoption of the new Explanatory Notes on Essentially Derived Varieties by the UPOV Council
- 2023-11-06 US (NY): New plot-labeling program supports plant breeders in Global South
- 2023-11-03 US (WI): Julie Dawson honored for crop breeding work for organic systems
- 2023-11-03 "A box filler with excellent disease resistance"
- 2023-10-31 The evolution of plant variety protection in the era of new breeding techniques