- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Organic snack mixes are popular in Sweden
"We started with a small line back in spring of 2016 with hand sliced and halved fruit and have continued to launch new products ever since. The ”HebeBägare” (fruit mixes in snack sized packaging) were released this spring after a couple of months on trial in test stores. The production room started with a small space and a simple machine, which is used only for packaging, and as the sales have increased, we've invested in more space and more advanced machines," shared Anita Jansson from Hebe.
The company offers several varieties, such as; Melonmix (Galia, Honeydew and cantaloupe), Fruit mix (oranges, gala melon, strawberries and fresh mint), Exotic Mix (mango, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries and strawberries). Along with the mixes, they also supply snack packs containing all the most popular fruits, such as pineapple, mango and watermelon. Out of their offering, Anita said that the Berrymix (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) is their most popular product, with the exotic mix coming in at a close second.
The melon slices are offered by Hebe all year round and the most common varieties are Galia, Honey dew, cantaloupe and watermelon. Anita said that the packaging of sliced melons means they're more accessible for consumers, making them easier to grab and go, without the hassle of cutting and slicing. Whole melons are often too much for people to consume, so the snack sizes take away this obstacle as well.
"The most popular melon in Sweden during summer is, of course, the watermelon but only if the weather is warm and sunny. For midsummer and other celebrations, sugar melons like Galia and Cantaloupe are very popular. Otherwise I would say the yellow Honeymelon is still the most popular in Sweden. It's well known, has a long shelf-life and is often good in price," said Anita.
"During summer we import melons from Europe (mostly Spain) and in the autumn we go overseas to mostly Brazil but also Costa Rica and Honduras. We just got our first shipment from Brazil this week. The taste during summer is best from Spain and we are also able to get our hands on sweet new varieties like Orange Candy and Snowball. "
Anita said that they are also planning on offering some organic fruit mixes in the future as a response to consumer demand.
For more information:
Hebe Frukt & Grönt AB
Tel: +46 31 780 27 00
Fax: +46 31 19 33 28
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Namibian producers have increasing access to global markets
- 2023-10-02 COAG Almeria denounces zucchini and cucumber prices don't cover production costs
- 2023-10-02 US: Intellectual property protections for new crop varieties have increased
- 2023-10-02 Pests detected in melons and tomatoes from Uzbekistan
- 2023-10-02 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-10-02 Organic US strawberries bring growers higher prices than conventional berries
- 2023-10-02 "In Morocco, they are eager for knowledge from the Netherlands"
- 2023-10-02 UK govt allocates £12.5 million to projects focused on green farming innovation
- 2023-09-29 Cucumber and zucchini prices are significantly lower than in the same period of last year
- 2023-09-28 CAN (ON): Affordable housing investment project of $61.4M includes aquaponic farm
- 2023-09-28 Peppers pricey for this time of year
- 2023-09-28 California border patrol officers arrest man smuggling cocaine in cucumber shipment
- 2023-09-28 GfK figures and trends on fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany presented by Ulrike Singer
- 2023-09-28 Green, even more green, will it be houses or greenhouses in Harmelerwaard?
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%