- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US (IN): Purdue partners with AgriNovus for agbiosciences initiative
Agbiosciences is the term used to describe the intersection of agriculture, life sciences, science and technology. The agbiosciences industry employs more than 75,000 Indiana residents and contributes $16 billion to the state’s overall economy.
Purdue’s agbiosciences story expands beyond traditional farming and food production. In recent years, the university has invested significant resources to agbiosciences research and innovation to create new products to feed a growing global population.
In 2015, Purdue dedicated $60 million to the Purdue Agricultural and Life Sciences facility. The location was designed to accommodate faculty, staff, and students with the latest technology to promote innovation in animal sciences education and research.
Purdue also invested $20 million in plant science research and education to strengthen its agbiosciences leadership. In addition, the new Indiana Soybean Alliance Soybean Utilization Endowed Chair position at Purdue University is heading research to develop new uses for soybeans such as biofuels and consumer electronics.
“We must continue to embrace cutting-edge technologies and form innovative partnerships with our colleges and universities, businesses and industry groups,” said Eric Holcomb, Indiana Governor. “This will take Indiana to the next level.”
The “Time to Tell” stories explain how researchers and entrepreneurs unite to solve future problems. The campaign uses the hashtag #timetotell on social media to keep the agbiosciences conversation going.
Source: Purdue University
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation