- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US (IN): Purdue partners with AgriNovus for agbiosciences initiative
Agbiosciences is the term used to describe the intersection of agriculture, life sciences, science and technology. The agbiosciences industry employs more than 75,000 Indiana residents and contributes $16 billion to the state’s overall economy.
Purdue’s agbiosciences story expands beyond traditional farming and food production. In recent years, the university has invested significant resources to agbiosciences research and innovation to create new products to feed a growing global population.
In 2015, Purdue dedicated $60 million to the Purdue Agricultural and Life Sciences facility. The location was designed to accommodate faculty, staff, and students with the latest technology to promote innovation in animal sciences education and research.
Purdue also invested $20 million in plant science research and education to strengthen its agbiosciences leadership. In addition, the new Indiana Soybean Alliance Soybean Utilization Endowed Chair position at Purdue University is heading research to develop new uses for soybeans such as biofuels and consumer electronics.
“We must continue to embrace cutting-edge technologies and form innovative partnerships with our colleges and universities, businesses and industry groups,” said Eric Holcomb, Indiana Governor. “This will take Indiana to the next level.”
The “Time to Tell” stories explain how researchers and entrepreneurs unite to solve future problems. The campaign uses the hashtag #timetotell on social media to keep the agbiosciences conversation going.
Source: Purdue University
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending