- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Preparing your greenhouse for winter storms
Snow that accumulates on a greenhouse can put significant weight on the structural members. Snow can be light and fluffy with a water equivalent of 12 inches of snow equal to 1 inch of rain. It can also be wet and heavy with 3 inches of snow equal to 1 inch of rain. Snow having a 1 inch of rain water equivalent will load a greenhouse with 5.2 psf. This amounts to 6.5 tons on a 25' X 96' greenhouse.
While we do not know what is in store for this winter, a little preparation before a storm can minimize damage from severe weather events.
Here are a few resources to help prepare for winter storms this season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 From private banker to strawberry grower
- 2023-01-24 Support for vegetable growers has been expanded in the Krasnoyarsk territory
- 2023-01-23 Turkey: 550 tons tomatoes produced in the geothermal greenhouse
- 2023-01-20 Greenhouse tomato production area in Kahramanmaras, Türkiye reaches 100 hectares
- 2023-01-19 CAN (ON): How Lakeshore residents can have their say on draft greenhouse rules
- 2023-01-17 India: Greenhouse start-up receives award and is eager to expand
- 2023-01-16 Carbon dioxide plant troubles might lead to higher price of tomatoes and other produce
- 2023-01-16 NFU calls for energy support review for UK businesses
- 2023-01-13 Indonesia: Smart Green House expected to boost production, draw millennials
- 2023-01-13 French fruit grower installs photovoltaic greenhouse
- 2023-01-12 Irish tomato growers hope for less challenges in the year ahead
- 2023-01-11 Greenhouse vegetable harvest in Russia reaches record 1.5 million tons in 2022
- 2023-01-11 “We will be the only grower of organic greenhouse strawberries in North America”
- 2023-01-11 India: Governor Sinha inaugurates Mega Fruit Plant Nursery
- 2023-01-10 Sculptural greenhouse opens up into a crown
- 2023-01-09 Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 2022-12-23 An update on greenhouse expansion in the US
- 2022-12-20 CAN: Installation of greenhouse sparks debate
- 2022-12-20 Harvest arrives in Bahrain after World Cup
- 2022-12-15 US (CO): Pagosa Senior Center joins with Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership to enhance nutrition services