For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01507 353 792
- 08.30: Registration, coffee, bacon rolls & view trade exhibition Morning chairman – Jack Ward, CEO British Growers
- 09.55: Welcome and Introduction by Tim Lacey, Campaign Manager for Horticulture Bayer CropScience Ltd
- 10.00: Opening Address – George Eustice MP. Minister of State, Food, Farming & Marine Environment
- 10.20: Working with NIAB: Plant Science for your Business – Dr Tina Barsby, CEO NIAB/EMR
- 10.40: The what, why how and where of biological crop protection – Dr Tim Lacey, Campaign Manager for Horticulture, Bayer CropScience Ltd 11.00: Brassica delegates move upstairs to Carmichael Room Leafy Salad Technical Session—Chair: Dr Jim Monaghan, HAUC
- 11.10: Managing pest caterpillars in leafy salad crops – Dr Rosemary Collier, Warwick Crop Centre, The University of Warwick 11.30: Lettuce crop in-field variability; where does it come from? – Yara Boubou, HAUC – CP121 11.50: Pros and cons of alternatives to chlorine for effective water treatment – Dr Tim Pettit, Institute of Science & the Environment, University of Worcester – CP 128
- 12.10: Key factors for working with spinach downy mildew – Sierra L. Hartney Ph. D, Sakata Seed America, INC. Brassica Technical Session—Chair: Andrew Rutherford, BGA R&D Committee Chairman
- 11.10: Diamond back moth a global view on its pest status and the development of integrated pest management tools and strategies – David Grzywacz, NRI, University of Greenwich
- 11.30: Developing An Automated Broccoli Harvester – Sarah McWilliam, KMS Projects Ltd – CP 153a.
- 11.50: State of our soils and potential for precision farming to improve soil & nutrient management – Dr Lizzie Sagoo, ADAS UK Ltd – CP 107c.
- 12.10: Managing aphids with precision application – Simon Jackson, Vegetable Field Technical Manager, Syngenta 12.30: Lunch & view trade exhibition Welcome from the afternoon Chairman – Matthew Rawson, BGA Chairman
- 14.15: The food supply chain post- Brexit, Justin Urquhart Stewart, Head of Corporate Development, Seven Investment Management,
- 15.05: Challenges and opportunities for UK food and drink – Ian Wright, Director General, Food & Drink Federation
- 15.35: How to improve employee performance through health, motivation and focus (case studies will be shared from leading employers) – Maria Bourke, Let’s Get Healthy
- 16.05: Closing remarks by Charlie Kisby – BLSA Vice Chairman
- 16.15: Tea, cake & view trade Exhibition
- 17.00: Goody bags to be handed out
- 17.30: Conference closes.