- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
US: SNAP households believe they should eat more fruit & veg
To help gauge perceived dietary habits, respondents in USDA’s National Household Food Acquisition and Purchase Survey (FoodAPS) were asked a series of questions about their health and diet.
When the primary respondents (the main food shopper or meal planner in the household) were asked if they think they eat the right amount of fruits and vegetables or if they should eat more, 76.1 percent of primary respondents in households receiving SNAP benefits said they should eat more. In contrast, 66.1 percent of those who reside in households not receiving SNAP felt they should eat more fruits and vegetables.
By better understanding perceived health and dietary habits, food assistance programs may be modified to help Americans follow healthier diets.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?
- 2022-02-24 “We present the TempU8B single-use USB temperature humidity data logger with higher accuracy"
- 2022-02-24 History of biological pollination in UK tomato crops
- 2022-02-22 New finance option allows growers to receive 96% of shipment’s value in 24 hours
- 2022-02-16 Syngenta's winter cherry tomato is 100% Sicilian
- 2022-02-14 Edible coating on snack cucumbers to meet rising demand for sustainability
- 2022-02-11 US greenhouse grower awarded for blueberry packaging