- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Canadian Greenhouse Conference prepares for final day
- "Our greenhouses are at altitude, which greatly helps with sunlight and nighttime temperatures"
- CAN (ON): University announces research partnership with regional greenhouse operation
- Night-time heat stress: “Research will pave the way for tolerant varieties that growers can use”
- Switching to Philips LED lighting an "easy decision" for Den Haan Greenhouses from Canada
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: NIFA announces $3 million in funding for robotics research
“These technologies are helping meet farm labor needs and making farming safer, more efficient, and more profitable,” said NIFA Director Sonny Ramaswamy. “With each year of investment in agricultural robotic research, we learn more about how humans can benefit from automation in the field.”
The goal of the NRI program is to speed the development and use of robots that work alongside or cooperatively with people in agriculture. This latest funding opportunity supports research on the scalability and variety of collaborative human-robot (co-robot) interactions. Areas of focus include collaborative robots/humans teams, robots that can be easily customized, and infrastructure that lowers barriers to entry into the field of co-robots. Additionally, the program encourages research to introduce robotics in educational curricula and research to better understand the long-term social, behavioral, and economic implications of co-robots across all areas of human activity.
NIFA encourages robotics research, applications, and education to enhance agricultural production, processing, and distribution systems that benefit consumers and rural communities. Research proposals should address USDA goals, such as protecting agricultural health to ensure access to safe, plentiful, and nutritious food; increasing agricultural opportunities by supporting a competitive agricultural system; contributing to clean and abundant water by protecting and enhancing water resources; and ensuring that U.S. agricultural resources contribute to global food security.
NIFA will consider projects comprising one or more investigators, budgets of approximately $150,000 to $300,000 per year in total costs, and durations of two to five years. Eligible applicants include state agricultural experiment stations; colleges and universities; other research institutions; federal agencies; corporations; and individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents. Foreign and international organizations are not eligible.
The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on Feb. 2, 2017. See the request for applications for more detail.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps