- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
Beijing IEDA opens European office in Westland
The European office of AgriGarden was officially opened by Mr. Wang Bo of the Chinese Embassy, Mrs. Wei Ling Ling, director of Beijing IEDA, Arne Weverling Vice Mayor of the city Westland and Chris van Voorden, Head Foreign Investments of Innovation Quarter.
AgriGarden is already collaborating with Dutch universities and companies but wants to further expand this collaboration to develop innovative training programs for the agriculture industry in China and is looking to further co-development products for the Chinese market.
Vice Mayor of the city Westland Arne Weverling: "We are honoured to welcome AgriGarden as a new innovative player with international high level standards. As one of the world’s most important greenhouse horticulture production areas, Westland offers a concentration of state-of-the-art production delivery, trade, distribution and processing companies, all strongly interlinked. Westland companies have all the knowledge and experience needed to feed the world with healthy and tasty vegetables and to supply consumers worldwide with high-quality flowers and plants. AgriGarden enriches our cluster of horticultural related companies."
Vice Mayor of the city Westland, Arne Weverling (center) welcomes Agri Garden in his city. At left is Mrs. Weil Lingling of Beijing IEDA and right is Mr. Wang Bo of the Chinese Embassy.
According to Ms. Wei Lingling, Chairman of Beijing IEDA: “Sino-Dutch cooperation is currently becoming more and more interactive and intensive in many industry sectors. The Netherlands is a very open country with an extremely international economy and the government is very supportive and welcoming to Chinese investors. It is for us the perfect gateway into European markets. The Netherlands has a very strong Horticulture sector and this is especially true for Westland. We feel that it is the best location for AgriGarden to integrate our global resources. We were very grateful for the professional assistance and high level support that we have received from NFIA and InnovationQuarter. Having a subsidiary based in the Netherlands, will bring us more opportunities for our cooperation.”
Arne Weverling, Vice Mayor of the city Westland handed Mrs. Wei Ling Ling, director of Beijing IEDA a special plaque. On the right Chris van Voorden, Director Foreign Investments of InnovationQuarter
Chris van Voorden, Director of the Foreign Investment Team at InnovationQuarter added, “I was very impressed with IEDA’s innovative research facilities and business strategy during my recent visit to China. Beijing IEDA will be valuable addition to the innovative horticulture cluster in our region.”
The business scope of AgriGarden covers factory farming, urban agriculture and city farming. They provide a complete range of services from advisory planning, design, procurement and construction to the daily operation of projects. Recently sub-brand ‘LeafIN’ was founded, which may influence how people eat and live in China by implementing the all-in-one concept of urban farming, a restaurant and a garden center within a shopping mall.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 More strawberries and less plastics: Hydroponic Systems' new solution
- 2022-09-30 US (MD): Governor announces launch of cover crop program supporting urban agriculture
- 2022-09-30 Ardent partners with growers on regenerative ag
- 2022-09-30 Basil grown especially for pesto
- 2022-09-30 Horti Experience 2022 focused on international knowledge sharing
- 2022-09-30 Tas Tomatoes declared bankrupt, trustee investigates
- 2022-09-29 Pinduoduo shares “tech for agri” vision at G20 global forum on digital agriculture
- 2022-09-29 Horticultural wholesaler celebrates 40 years and looks ahead to the next forty
- 2022-09-29 Karin Tifft joins team of expert horticulturists at IUNU
- 2022-09-29 Hort Americas expands to Canada
- 2022-09-29 Advanced Agrilytics appoints Jody Longshore as CCO
- 2022-09-29 "Priming seeds with plasma provides possible defense against damping off"
- 2022-09-29 "Due to the drought, we are facing crop losses of 30% in the fall harvest"
- 2022-09-28 Dramm welcomes Steven Collins to DRAMMwater team
- 2022-09-28 Steenks services makes business trips to Finland and France
- 2022-09-28 Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- 2022-09-28 Dutch Young Executives group visits Israel’s Volcani Center with DryGair
- 2022-09-28 Annice Firth appointed to Syngenta's Technical Sales team
- 2022-09-28 Eden granted US EPA regulatory approval
- 2022-09-28 Questions about how growers use gas to make money