- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
PMA A-NZ welcomes new directors
The PMA A-NZ board nominated Andrew Francey of One Harvest as the new Chair replacing John Said who has been an enthusiastic and dedicated Chairman for the last four years. Joe Craggs of Tropical Pines was named Vice Chair. PMA A-NZ Directors also welcomed the new CEO, Darren Keating, officially replacing Michael Worthington who retired in November this year.
Andrew Francey, General Manager of One Harvest and Chair of PMA A-NZ board, welcomed the new Directors and acknowledged the significant contribution of those stepping down.
“John Said, Managing Director of Fresh Select, has been the PMA A-NZ Chair for four years and has contributed enormously to the development of programs, initiatives and events” said Mr Francey. “John has been an outstanding Chairman who has given an enormous amount of his time, energy, passion and support to PMA A-NZ and we owe him a significant debt of gratitude.”
“I would also like to acknowledge Andrew Keaney, Executive General Manager of T&G Global Limited, who has been a major contributor to our Board proceedings, sitting on a number of Task Forces and Board Committees. Andrew has tirelessly represented New Zealand Members throughout his four years on the Board and has been a great supporter of the development of young professionals in our industry”.
Mr Francey also expressed his gratitude to Nathan Soich, previously the Marketing Manager of Compac Sort for his time on the PMA A-NZ board in 2016.
"Nathan was only on the board for a short time but his contribution was always incisive and thought-provoking, especially in the area of marketing”
In addition to the volunteers on the Board, there are many volunteers who Mr Francey expressed his gratitude – including committee and taskforce volunteers– who work tirelessly alongside PMA A-NZ throughout the year.
"A critical component of the PMA ethos is volunteerism. We would not be able to do what we do without the involvement members on our Board and taskforces”
“I am looking forward to the next 12 months in working with our members’ across the supply chain to deliver on our Food Safety, Talent, Demand Creation and Networking initiatives. We will continue to engage with our members collaboratively, working together to add value and strengthen our industry" he finished.
For more information:
Level 19, 644 Chapel St
South Yarra VIC 3141
Phone: +61 3 8844 5536
Fax: +61 3 9826 3642
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 Green, even more green, will it be houses or greenhouses in Harmelerwaard?
- 2023-09-28 Peppers pricey for this time of year
- 2023-09-28 California border patrol officers arrest man smuggling cocaine in cucumber shipment
- 2023-09-28 GfK figures and trends on fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany presented by Ulrike Singer
- 2023-09-28 CAN (ON): Affordable housing investment project of $61.4M includes aquaponic farm
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%
- 2023-09-27 Digitalization of the Spanish agricultural sector
- 2023-09-27 Nigerian tomato growers aim for decentralized production
- 2023-09-26 97% of Mexican berries go to the United States and Canada
- 2023-09-26 "Shift from tomatoes to other fruiting vegetables due to risk of ToBRFV"
- 2023-09-26 Fruit and vegetable exports Vietnam set for a record $5 billion this year
- 2023-09-26 Stable market ahead expected for Thai Chili peppers
- 2023-09-26 Production dip prompts price hike for loose tomatoes
- 2023-09-26 Azura Group and Foundation donating €1.5m to Moroccan earthquake relief fund
- 2023-09-25 Satisfactory market for Sicilian organic tomatoes in Germany
- 2023-09-25 Australians are still throwing away too many vegetables
- 2023-09-25 Microgreens are increasingly popular
- 2023-09-25 NASA’s record-breaking astronaut: scientific highlights of Frank Rubio’s year in space
- 2023-09-25 Government in Morocco approves 5% minimum wage increase