- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
NatureFresh Farms picks first Ohio grown Tomz Snacking Tomatoes
“Every flavor provides a sensory experience that distinguishes itself”, stated Chris Veillon, Director of Marketing. “A tomato’s flavor is a consumer’s most immediate and visceral experience with the variety. NatureFresh Farms developed its Tomz Snacking Tomatoes to meet consumer expectations that when they enjoy a snacking tomato in July, October, or February, that the flavor is plentiful and consistent each and every time. Why? Because the same grower produced that same tomato from the same farm regardless of the season”, said Veillon.
Customers this winter will enjoy an extensive variety of NatureFresh Farms Ohio grown tomatoes that include red, yellow, orange grape tomatoes, red cherry tomatoes, sweet red cocktail tomatoes, and mixed medley tomatoes. All snacking tomatoes are being packed under the Tomz snacking tomato brand.
NatureFresh has already been shipping their OhioRed Tomatoes On The Vine since last February and will begin shipping OhioRed Roma and OhioRed Beefsteak tomatoes later this winter.
NatureFresh Farms unveiled its new Ohio Proud themed Tomz top seal packaging at PMA Fresh Summit in Orlando in October and was met with rave reviews. By transitioning to top seal packaging, NatureFresh is reducing the plastic content of its packages by up to 25%. High impact creative across all products enhance the packaging presentation with specific call outs to support the State of Ohio Department of Agriculture “Ohio Proud” program and grown in the USA creative.
“We want to ensure that consumers clearly understand that this product is grown in Ohio”, said Ray Wowryk, Director of Business Development. NatureFresh included a USA flag in the creative and increased the font size of the country of origin to avoid any confusion on store shelves of where the product was grown.
“Growing our tomatoes year-round in Ohio significantly reduces the food miles that the product must travel to store level. We are increasing shelf life by picking the fruit off the vine at a later color stage to ensure we deliver maximum flavor”, said Wowryk.
NatureFresh Farms is in the midst of a major expansion in Ohio with up to 180 acres of year-round production planned for the Delta facility. Phase 1 (15.30 acres) + 2 (15.30 acres) have been completed to date with Phase 3 (15.30 acres) to be completed in December brings the total of new construction to 45 acres in the last 12 months. With an abundance of off peak power available from the grid, NatureFresh is using High Pressure Sodium lighting to supplement its growing practices to be able to grow year-round in Delta.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm
- 2023-11-21 Namibia: 3 hectare greenhouse grows hydroponic tomatoes and cut flowers
- 2023-11-21 US: Carl Gupton new CEO of Greenswell Growers
- 2023-11-20 US: "Working hard for little in return"