- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
- Strawberry cultivation also productive with little gas usage
- Totam Seeds presents new tomato varieties
- "Due to the drought, we are facing crop losses of 30% in the fall harvest"
- "Robots may be the future, but it'll be a long while before they can pick strawberries"
- Horticultural wholesaler celebrates 40 years and looks ahead to the next forty
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
January 12 2017, 's Hertogenbosch
International Soft Fruit Conference registration opened
The ISFC 2017 will include a wide range of presentations that cover many different aspects of the soft fruit industry. Simultaneously to the presentations we will have an exhibition where soft fruit related companies and organizations present their newest developments and services.
In 2016 there were over 600 attendees, originating from 26 different countries, this makes the ISFC ‘the place to be’ for everyone who is involved in the soft fruit industry.
Register before 15th December and pay only € 50,- .
The lecture program for our 2017 edition. Following presentations are confirmed:
Trends in North American Strawberry Production
Kevin Schooley, Executive Director, North American Strawberry Growers Association
Management strategies for a productive kiwiberry orchard
Filip Debersaques, Head Lecturer, Ghent University (B), Faculty of Biosciences, dept. Applied Biosciences
In search of predatory mites to control thrips in different strawberry cultivation systems
Marieke Vervoort, Researcher Strawberry, Research Centre Hoogstraten
Light Quality and Quantity -Remarks on UV-Transparancy and Shading Effect of Plastic Film Coverings
Dr.Ing. Burkhard von Elsner, Expert on Horticultural Engineering, Hannover, Germany
A healthy soil for a healthy plant!
Erwin Weening, Sales director Prof, DCM Nederland
Several growing conditions/systems/plant models everbaerers
Harrie Pijnenburg, Senior adviser, Delphy
pH buffering capacity differences between different substrates
Richard Bremmer, sales and advice, BVB College, BVB Substrates
IPM of aphids in soft fruit: An important part to complete the system
Bart Sels, Soft Fruit Manager, Koppert Biological Systems
Following the conference, a conference dinner on Thursday evening and a field trip on Friday will be organised.
First, the field trip will visit Dingsaardbeien and Brookberries in Belfeld to see and discuss the winter production of strawberries. Next on schedule is the Naktuinbouw Test Center in Horst. In this facility Naktuinbouw produces the pre-basic mother material of soft fruit, pome fruit and stone fruit crops. Propagation nurseries using this material to make basic-material in order to produce certified plants. The Test Center supplies health tests services like: viruses, bacteria and fungi diseases. Most of the European breeding programs maintain their own varieties in this facility. For Raspberry the assessment on Crumbly Fruit is an annual activity.
After the farm visits, lunch will be offered at the premises of BVB Substrates, production location Euroveen at Grubbenvorst. Planned is to arrive back at the hotel again at 15:00 o'clock.
Participation at the International Soft Fruit Conference costs € 70,- pp (incl VAT). This includes lunch and beverages during the entire day. Participation to the field trip is exclusively for ISFC visitors only and completely free of charge.
Register before 15th December and pay only € 50,-
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 Photo report of Vertifarm 2022
- 2022-09-30 Energy lecture for greenhouse growers with an eye for new technologies
- 2022-09-29 Opportunities and hurdles becoming visible in the market
- 2022-09-29 J. Huete International takes its high-tech greenhouse models to Fruit Attraction
- 2022-09-29 Flemish agriculture and horticulture open house during Agriculture Day
- 2022-09-28 "In these tough times, the strawberry sector must find solutions"
- 2022-09-28 Protected cropping: an open day to explore the latest trends
- 2022-09-27 Join the knowledge hub at Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-09-27 Taiwan fact-finding mission on cold chain for horticulture
- 2022-09-27 Wageningen University organizes course on Postharvest Technology
- 2022-09-26 2022 Canadian Greenhouse Conference takes place next week
- 2022-09-26 Fresh fruit & vegetable industry Virtual Global Sustainability Symposium
- 2022-09-26 France: day 2 of Natexpo 2022
- 2022-09-26 Dutch company presents packaging lines at Business Relation Days
- 2022-09-26 Exploring organic grower challenges and solutions
- 2022-09-26 'Back British Farming Day' rescheduled to Wednesday 2 November
- 2022-09-26 CPMA hosts 2022 semi-annual board of directors meetings
- 2022-09-22 Last day of the Vertical Farming World Congress
- 2022-09-21 Online training course: Tips and tricks for surviving the energy crisis
- 2022-09-21 "We are looking for suppliers on the domestic market"