- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
January 12 2017, 's Hertogenbosch
International Soft Fruit Conference registration opened
The ISFC 2017 will include a wide range of presentations that cover many different aspects of the soft fruit industry. Simultaneously to the presentations we will have an exhibition where soft fruit related companies and organizations present their newest developments and services.
In 2016 there were over 600 attendees, originating from 26 different countries, this makes the ISFC ‘the place to be’ for everyone who is involved in the soft fruit industry.
Register before 15th December and pay only € 50,- .
The lecture program for our 2017 edition. Following presentations are confirmed:
Trends in North American Strawberry Production
Kevin Schooley, Executive Director, North American Strawberry Growers Association
Management strategies for a productive kiwiberry orchard
Filip Debersaques, Head Lecturer, Ghent University (B), Faculty of Biosciences, dept. Applied Biosciences
In search of predatory mites to control thrips in different strawberry cultivation systems
Marieke Vervoort, Researcher Strawberry, Research Centre Hoogstraten
Light Quality and Quantity -Remarks on UV-Transparancy and Shading Effect of Plastic Film Coverings
Dr.Ing. Burkhard von Elsner, Expert on Horticultural Engineering, Hannover, Germany
A healthy soil for a healthy plant!
Erwin Weening, Sales director Prof, DCM Nederland
Several growing conditions/systems/plant models everbaerers
Harrie Pijnenburg, Senior adviser, Delphy
pH buffering capacity differences between different substrates
Richard Bremmer, sales and advice, BVB College, BVB Substrates
IPM of aphids in soft fruit: An important part to complete the system
Bart Sels, Soft Fruit Manager, Koppert Biological Systems
Following the conference, a conference dinner on Thursday evening and a field trip on Friday will be organised.
First, the field trip will visit Dingsaardbeien and Brookberries in Belfeld to see and discuss the winter production of strawberries. Next on schedule is the Naktuinbouw Test Center in Horst. In this facility Naktuinbouw produces the pre-basic mother material of soft fruit, pome fruit and stone fruit crops. Propagation nurseries using this material to make basic-material in order to produce certified plants. The Test Center supplies health tests services like: viruses, bacteria and fungi diseases. Most of the European breeding programs maintain their own varieties in this facility. For Raspberry the assessment on Crumbly Fruit is an annual activity.
After the farm visits, lunch will be offered at the premises of BVB Substrates, production location Euroveen at Grubbenvorst. Planned is to arrive back at the hotel again at 15:00 o'clock.
Participation at the International Soft Fruit Conference costs € 70,- pp (incl VAT). This includes lunch and beverages during the entire day. Participation to the field trip is exclusively for ISFC visitors only and completely free of charge.
Register before 15th December and pay only € 50,-
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference