- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
US: Climate-smart ag seminar slated for Dutch ag minister's visit to UC Davis
His visit will bring together representatives of the two agricultural powerhouses, with the United States ranked as the world’s largest exporter of agricultural products, and the Netherlands — tallying 80 billion euros in annual agricultural exports — ranked second.
On Monday, van Dam will meet with Helene Dillard, dean of the UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, and attend a briefing on mosquito research.
Public seminar to examine ag water issues
On Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Marjolijn Sonnema, director general agro and nature, and other Dutch officials will participate in a free, public seminar titled “Climate-Smart Agriculture in Times of Water Shortage and Water Quality Challenges.”
The seminar, to be held in the ballroom of the UC Davis Activities and Recreation Center on La Rue Road, grew out of an ongoing partnership in climate-smart agriculture that includes the UC Davis World Food Center, the Consulate General of the Netherlands, California Department of Water Resources and California Department of Food and Agriculture.
The program for the half-day seminar, which will be followed by lunch and networking, is available on the UC Davis World Food Center website. Media and members of the public who plan to attend are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Van Dam’s visit follows a visit last year by California Secretary of Agriculture Karen Ross to the Netherlands. At that time, the Netherlands and California agreed to work together on shared objectives, including cooperation in climate smart agriculture and environmental issues.
Source: University of California
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Women in CEA kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference
- 2023-09-22 The industry looks to the future
- 2023-09-22 NL: Kids festival Wageningen University & Research in Bleiswijk
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-21 British Tomato Conference kicks off
- 2023-09-21 10th International Propagation Seminar sheds light on sustainable, soilless growing
- 2023-09-20 University of Florida greenhouse climate management starts October 1
- 2023-09-20 US: CEA Summit kicks off in Virginia
- 2023-09-19 "The necessary resources can be managed more easily in cooperation than on a stand-alone basis"
- 2023-09-19 Seed to food chain in focus at Horti Agri Next MEA 2023
- 2023-09-15 Turning underutilized urban properties into productive farm spaces
- 2023-09-14 Organic Grower Summit 2023 features AI-themed session
- 2023-09-14 Vertical Farming World Congress is nearing
- 2023-09-14 Growing Change project helps growers navigate governmental Resource Management Regulations 2023
- 2023-09-13 Call for participants for Viva Fresh’s Fifth Annual Clean Eating Challenge
- 2023-09-12 Digital knowledge platform launched
- 2023-09-11 Photo Report: Asia Fruit Logistica 2023
- 2023-09-11 Growing to a new future of food: investing in our planet
- 2023-09-11 Dutch grower holds Dinner in the Sky with spectacular aerial view of greenhouses