- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Ontario seeking new agri-food trade opportunities in India
The ministers, along with 19 delegates from Ontario agri-food businesses, will meet with Indian business leaders in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chandigarh to showcase Ontario's cutting-edge agri- technology and products and identify new opportunities for greater agri-food trade and exports.
This mission will also help Ontario meet the Premier's Agri-Food Growth Challenge by promoting increased trade and investment in the province's agri-food sector.
As the second-most populous country in the world with over 1.2 billion people, India is fast-becoming a major global economic player, with a large and rapidly growing domestic market.
In 2015, two-way goods trade between Ontario and India totalled $2.4 billion.
The grocery food market in India is worth more than $332 billion, with projections that it will become the fourth-largest such market in the world by the year 2020.
Ontario is making great progress to meet the Premier’s Agri-Food Challenge. The Premier’s Agri-Food Growth Challenge to double the growth of the sector and create 120,000 jobs by 2020. Since launching the Challenge, the industry has added more than $1.3 billion in GDP and over 30,000 jobs.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%
- 2023-09-27 Digitalization of the Spanish agricultural sector
- 2023-09-27 Nigerian tomato growers aim for decentralized production
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-26 97% of Mexican berries go to the United States and Canada
- 2023-09-26 "Shift from tomatoes to other fruiting vegetables due to risk of ToBRFV"
- 2023-09-26 Fruit and vegetable exports Vietnam set for a record $5 billion this year
- 2023-09-26 Stable market ahead expected for Thai Chili peppers
- 2023-09-26 Production dip prompts price hike for loose tomatoes
- 2023-09-26 Azura Group and Foundation donating €1.5m to Moroccan earthquake relief fund
- 2023-09-25 NASA’s record-breaking astronaut: scientific highlights of Frank Rubio’s year in space
- 2023-09-25 Government in Morocco approves 5% minimum wage increase
- 2023-09-25 Australians are still throwing away too many vegetables
- 2023-09-25 Satisfactory market for Sicilian organic tomatoes in Germany
- 2023-09-25 Microgreens are increasingly popular
- 2023-09-22 What is biofortification?
- 2023-09-22 Seeds shortage delays the Moroccan pepper season
- 2023-09-22 Trinidad and Tobago will face sweet pepper shortage, with prices going up
- 2023-09-22 Raspberry grower predicts biggest season yet out of Central Mexico
- 2023-09-22 Glastuinbouw Nederland after Prinsjesdag Budget: New measures mark the end for many growers