- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
CAN (AB): Trade minister leads mission to Asia
The mission will focus on promoting Alberta’s diverse industries, including clean technology, oil and gas, forestry, agri-food, tourism and emerging technologies. It will also focus on ensuring that Alberta businesses have access to more diversified markets.
Minister Bilous will meet industry and government leaders and will follow up on conversations and agreements started during his first visit to Asia earlier this year. In Japan, Minister Bilous will attend the Canada Food Expo in Tokyo.
China and Japan are Alberta’s second- and third-largest trading partners, respectively. In 2015, Alberta’s two-way trade with China and Japan totalled more than $7.8 billion, with potential for growth. The province’s trade with China increased by 16 per cent last year.
Trade and investment attraction mission
More than 80 Alberta companies and economic development associations will participate in a separate Alberta-China trade and investment attraction mission from November 21 to 26. The government-led business mission – organized in collaboration with Edmonton Economic Development Corporation and Calgary Economic Development – will connect Alberta companies with potential Chinese buyers and investors.
The delegation will attend seminars and conduct one-on-one meetings in Guangzhou, Shanghai and Yantai, China. Minister Bilous will also attend the seminars.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference
- 2023-09-22 The industry looks to the future
- 2023-09-22 NL: Kids festival Wageningen University & Research in Bleiswijk
- 2023-09-21 British Tomato Conference kicks off
- 2023-09-21 10th International Propagation Seminar sheds light on sustainable, soilless growing
- 2023-09-20 University of Florida greenhouse climate management starts October 1
- 2023-09-20 US: CEA Summit kicks off in Virginia
- 2023-09-19 "The necessary resources can be managed more easily in cooperation than on a stand-alone basis"
- 2023-09-19 Seed to food chain in focus at Horti Agri Next MEA 2023
- 2023-09-15 Turning underutilized urban properties into productive farm spaces
- 2023-09-14 Organic Grower Summit 2023 features AI-themed session
- 2023-09-14 Vertical Farming World Congress is nearing
- 2023-09-14 Growing Change project helps growers navigate governmental Resource Management Regulations 2023
- 2023-09-13 Call for participants for Viva Fresh’s Fifth Annual Clean Eating Challenge