- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
Australian researchers discover ways to make food last longer
The process has the potential to help reduce the billions of tonnes of food that are wasted worldwide each year.
Food and flowers ripen, and then over ripen and spoil, due to their natural production of ethylene gas.
The researchers have come up with compounds they've dubbed 'ethylene antagonists' (in chemistry an antagonist is a substance which inhibits another process).
The result is that fruit and vegetables stay fresher for longer, and cut flowers take longer to drop their petals.
"The way these compounds work is that they don't reduce the production of ethylene, they prevent the fruits, vegetables and flowers from perceiving ethylene," says Dr Payne.
"Every fruit has a receptor that ethylene binds to."
"What we're doing is we're masking those receptors."
Read more at phys.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer
- 2022-09-21 The "think tank" from Jiangsu University develops a strawberry transplanter
- 2022-09-19 From high in the mountains to a tropical island: growers are looking to add extra oxygen to their crops
- 2022-09-16 New harvesting machine allows for easy and sleek harvesting of indoor-grown produce
- 2022-09-13 ‘Drones are more cost-effective than seasonal workers’
- 2022-09-13 The importance of choosing an optimal manual gearbox/gearmotor
- 2022-09-12 The use of Artificial Intelligence to automatically sort bell peppers, potatoes and more
- 2022-09-09 Calibrating pH and EC probes on the BlueLab controller
- 2022-09-09 The importance of HVAC maintenance: how to check your heater
- 2022-09-09 Algorithms help growers determine cultivation strategies
- 2022-09-06 How Tenx Software Foundations helps businesses meet their needs
- 2022-09-01 Australia: engineers design robot strawberry picker that kills fungus with UV technology
- 2022-08-31 Robotic strawberry harvester adding more algorithms to improve harvesting precision
- 2022-08-30 Berkvens Greenhouse Mobility adds a new machine to their GLD series
- 2022-08-26 Free Download: Greenhouse Management, 9 CEA Variables