- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
CAN (ON):Voorwinden to build warehouse in Chatham-Kent
Over the last couple of years, Voorwinden has been increasingly involved in the construction of large multi-acre greenhouse projects throughout Ontario and the Eastern United States. Maik Voorwinden of Voorwinden Greenhouse Buildings Inc., said that the set-up of the warehouses is a logical next step.
"We have been moving from one job-site to the other and rented a warehouse to store some of the equipment from time to time. As we expect plenty of work in the area for the next couple of years, it makes sense to built our own premises."
Voorwinden explained that the company is looking to built a warehouse based on the design of a greenhouse structure. "Depending on permits, we have the intention to built a warehouse to store and maintain our machines and equipment.Next to this we can provide service to our customers from this location."
Voorwinden will attach a sales office to their new warehouse. Also their partner Havecon will move into this location. "While we operate as two separate companies, the partnership with Havecon brings us a lot of work. We are sometimes building at three or four locations at the same time and therefore need to have a huge amount of machinery available. I believe we are currently still the only greenhouse builder to have such a capacity available in this area."
Over the next few years, Voorwinden expects to remain very busy in the area. "We had a lot of work in Holland last year, and expect more to come in 2017. But North America remains a focus market for us, a lot has been built over here, but yet there remains very much room available for more growth in this area. "
For more information: voorwindengroep.nl/en/contact
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together