- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Morocco and Spain again key suppliers to British retail
According to ProduceView's findings, Co-op and Marks & Spencer are currently the only two British retailers to still offer domesticly grown tomatoes. Moroccan tomatoes are offered by Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda and Spanish tomatoes can be found at Aldi, Lidl, Waitrose and Morrisons.
The British tomatoes at Co-op and M&S are the most expensive tomatoes offered; Co-op offers them for 2,80 £/KG and M&S sells them at 8,30 £/KG. The cheapest tomatoes could be found for 190 £/KG at Lidl and Aldi, while the rest of the retailers offer them at a price between 2,10 and 2,60 £/KG.
The British cucumber growers are picking more this week; they are offering their products at 4 retailers; Sainsbury, Asda, Co-op and Waitrose. Marks and Sparks, Morrisons and Tesco are all offering Spanish cucumbers. The prices range from 20 pence for a cuke at Morrisones to 35 pence at Sainsbury, M&S and Waitrose.
The Dutch growers are dominating the bell pepper category this week; their products are offered at Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Co-op and M&S. Lidl and Aldi sourced their peppers in Spain and Waitrose is still offering British bell peppers.
The cheapest bell pepper is offered at Lidl for 25 pence (75 pence for a traffic light pack of three), followed by Aldi with a pack of three for 79 cent. The most expensive traffic light is sold at M&S for 1,50 £.
This data was prepared by ProduceView. For more information about their UK retail reports:
Market Intelligence Services Ltd
BGA House, Nottingham Road, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 0WB
T: +44 (0)1507 353796
F: +44 (0)1507 600689
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Seven & i Holdings has agreed to purchase the 7-Eleven convenience store chain in Australia
- 2023-11-29 Arrival of SPAR brand important milestone in development of grocery retail trade in Uzbekistan
- 2023-11-28 Biedronka has opened its 3,500th outlet in Poland
- 2023-11-27 Tesco has backed calls for government to place ban on plastic fruit and veg packaging
- 2023-11-24 Billa Bulgaria has opened its first Billa Today store
- 2023-11-23 Project focused on increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables in Tanzania
- 2023-11-21 Coles and Woolworths respond to Christmas ‘vegetable price surge’ after $50m storm
- 2023-11-21 A fruit has been a surprising hit in Deliveroo’s top trending dishes of 2023
- 2023-11-20 Asda opened its 100th Asda Express store
- 2023-11-17 Alibaba Group: September quarter 2023 results
- 2023-11-16 Petition urging major UK supermarkets to treat British farmers more fairly reaches 75.000 signatures
- 2023-11-16 HelloFresh issued a profit warning, shares fell the most on record
- 2023-11-15 Sales growth slows for Asda and underperforms UK rivals
- 2023-11-14 Lidl GB has published its fourth ‘Good Food’ report
- 2023-11-13 Intermarché will complete the entire franchising operation in Belgium
- 2023-11-10 Carrefour re-entering Bulgaria