- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Tomatoes #1, Herbs #2, Cucumbers #3
Herbs are the second largest US greenhouse crop
The “other crops” category is described as production not included in the other 6 categories. This includes vegetable crops such as spinach, squash, onions, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, eggplant, etc. All together, these crop account for a total of 162 hectare.
The total number of protected cropping operations saw a big increase over the last couple of years, from 1476 operations in 2009 to 2521 operations in 2014.
Source: US Census of Agriculture figures and www.cuestaroble.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Italy exports approximately 60% of its tomatoes to the US every year
- 2023-01-27 New white strawberry variety targets year-round supply
- 2023-01-27 Higher cucumber pricing reflects lessened supply and inflated costs
- 2023-01-27 Greenhouse horticulture goes for people-oriented employment
- 2023-01-27 Sub-zero frosts harm Murcia crops
- 2023-01-27 Increased energy costs hit winter production of cucumbers on the northern hemisphere hard
- 2023-01-26 UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
- 2023-01-26 South African consumer has to expect higher-priced tomatoes in near future
- 2023-01-26 Morocco approaches the volume of tomatoes that Spain sold in the European Union
- 2023-01-26 “The blueberry sector is looking to expand its production window in Huelva”
- 2023-01-26 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 Prices of tomatoes skyrocket at Koyambedu market in Chennai
- 2023-01-26 Qatar produces more vegetables than it needs
- 2023-01-25 Frost destroyed vegetable crops in the south of Kazakhstan
- 2023-01-25 "Spanish tomatoes, bell peppers' situation finally improving"
- 2023-01-25 Average price vine tomato drops, loose tomato rises further in week 3
- 2023-01-25 European Commission unveils new packaging regulations – to take effect from 2025
- 2023-01-25 Effects of Brexit have become clearer for UK growers
- 2023-01-24 Horticultural products drive total U.S. agricultural import growth
- 2023-01-24 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation