Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
How farm management schedules free up farmers
After all, seemingly trivial tasks like recording data and monitoring the farm for pests that may or may not exist cuts into time that could be spent doing more urgent things.
Nick Marasco, Upstart Farmer at Triple Threat Mentoring, thinks that a different attitude towards management will actually help the farmer. Building schedules and sticking to them is a habit that ultimately frees the farmer from having to wrestle with problems after they arise.
After all, fluctuating maintenance and unstable management practices are the root problem of farm troubles like inconsistent yield, pest outbreaks, and staff confusion. Dealing with them before they occur puts control back into the hands of the farmer.
“Start the scheduled maintenance things early; stay ahead of the curve; don’t let problems arise,” says Nick.
Read more at Upstart University
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses
- 2022-07-20 Take a look in the RIPE facility
- 2022-07-20 Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
- 2022-07-19 SpaceX Dragon docks with ISS carrying research and fresh vegetables
- 2022-07-19 A satellite view of Almeria's sea of greenhouses
- 2022-07-18 New sprayer for strawberries and low-growing crops
- 2022-07-18 Texan urban farms donates one million servings
- 2022-07-18 Asia’s new agricultural revolution: Planting a high-tech future