- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Anti-Infringement Bureau awarded for fight against IP Piracy in plant material
The award is handed out annually by the International Intellectual Property Crime Investigators College (IIPCIC) operated under INTERPOL and Underwriters Laboratories (UL). It was presented to Managing Director Casper van Kempen at the Tenth Interpol/UL IP Crime Conference in London, in recognition of AIB’s commitment in its fight against intellectual property rights (IPR) crimes.
Through an effective public-private partnership, the AIB and the technical law enforcement agencies in the main vegetable producing countries, monitor the piracy and counterfeiting situation in the market and formulate strategic plans. AIB also educates law enforcement agents and seed companies’ field staff on the importance of IPR protection and how to detect illegal activities. These efforts have been highly praised by the IIPCIC, which concluded in September this year that the AIB should be presented with the 2016 Award.
Few dozen of cases
IPR enforcement is one of the core activities of the AIB. Through effective public-private partnership, a few dozen of IPR cases were detected in 2014 and 2015, of which the bulk involved the illegal multiplication of seeds and plants. Many of these cases have led to penal investigations. AIB is working closely with the law enforcement agencies in curbing IPR infringing activities effectively.
For more information:
Anti-Infringement Bureau for Intellectual Property Rights on Plant Material (AIB)
Rue du Luxembourg 23/13
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel. +31 6 13 29 93 92
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 US: Science and technology to facilitate communication with plants
- 2023-12-01 US (NY): Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement workshop welcomes global plant breeders and social scientists
- 2023-11-22 Crop Trust and Plant Treaty pledging more than $100,000 to safeguard genebanks in Laos and Sudan
- 2023-11-22 Cora Seeds releases ToBRFV-resistant tomatoes
- 2023-11-22 Genetic insights into plant defense and growth trade-offs
- 2023-11-17 USDA proposes changes in approval process of genetically engineered crops
- 2023-11-15 Plant breeders and researchers collaborate for the next generation of legumes to reduce the protein gap in Europe
- 2023-11-13 AU: Breeder secures land to further breeding operations
- 2023-11-09 Turnover of Rijk Zwaan up to 593 million euros
- 2023-11-07 "We believe that such stacked resistance will stand up to new ToBRFV-mutations"
- 2023-11-06 Breeders welcome the adoption of the new Explanatory Notes on Essentially Derived Varieties by the UPOV Council
- 2023-11-06 US (NY): New plot-labeling program supports plant breeders in Global South
- 2023-11-03 US (WI): Julie Dawson honored for crop breeding work for organic systems
- 2023-11-03 "A box filler with excellent disease resistance"
- 2023-10-31 The evolution of plant variety protection in the era of new breeding techniques
- 2023-10-27 Ghana gene bank becomes the 100th depositor to Svalbard Global Seed Vault