- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Charleston tomato grower Shawn Rensford develops KnowYourGrow.IO:
Readings, data and sensors critical to optimizing yields
Rensford, who is also an engineer, launched KnowYourGrow.IO as he was frustrated with the lack of data integration so took it into his own hands. What was once a side project, is now something he hopes to bring to the industry at large. They have just released a new device, the Mantis, which assists growers in taking their crop knowledge to a new level.
The Mantis device has a rugged enclosure, uses industrial grade sensors and can be installed on any irrigation unit. "It was built to make data access and analysis simple, both real-time and historical, from anywhere and on any web enabled device", said Rensford.
Dashboard overview of the KnowYourGrow platform
It is packaged with PH, EC, ORP, Dissolved Oxygen, water temperature and can come with an optional flow rate/total sensor. "The combination of these readings is critical to optimizing yields", said Rensford.
The tomato grower is currently developing additional products for integration into control systems as well as modules to support new sensors. The end goal is to pack every sensor reading of value into one easy to use platform.
The platform has been extensively tested in the harshest of greenhouse and indoor grow conditions. They are offering HortiDaily subscribers a 10% release discount through the end of the year. Use the coupon code HORTI10 at checkout.
Visit KnowYourGrow.IO for more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 New partnership to explore weed species cultivation indoors
- 2023-11-29 “There is still a high demand for additional square meters for cultivation"
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-28 Tomato yields decrease in Morocco as the weather gets colder
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 First expansion of allotment greenhouse Houten
- 2023-11-28 "Delayed bell pepper plantings this season could lead to less watermelon being planted in spring"
- 2023-11-27 "Challenging weather conditions for lamb's lettuce sowing"
- 2023-11-27 “Berries are booming in Canada”
- 2023-11-27 "Intensive greenhouse horticulture and extensive organic horticulture are a perfect match"
- 2023-11-27 Webinar: 4 common grower problems solved with digital agronomy
- 2023-11-24 "Showcasing how to grow food in harshest conditions"
- 2023-11-24 Benin: Climate-resilient vegetable varieties thrive in local conditions
- 2023-11-23 A plea for government support in Russian vegetable seed production
- 2023-11-22 Strategies for maximizing your greenhouse efficiency in winter
- 2023-11-22 US (NY): Governor Hochul inaugurates new indoor food production system in East Buffalo